Clutch gone after 2 months......

What I read from this is that it would be impossible to damage anything due to the intervention of the throttle behaviour when the front brake is used above 20 throttle.

So is it the brakes or TC causing the problem? Scary to think you could easily and quickly melt the clutch doing a simple burnout!
I dunno. Just quoting what it says in the instructions.....!!! (R.T.F.M.....!!)

QUOTE........ "All I did in this case was to try warm the tyres with a small burnout.".......

You know, all the factory-bashing in this thread is all very well, but.... (see the "caution" clip in the previous post...)

If the factory warns you NOT to do burnouts which "will cause damage to the braking system and drivetrain.."

.... and then you DO a burnout...... and you DO cause damage to your drivetrain (in this case the clutch) ....

Then what do you expect the factory will say??????
😅😅😅😅 I was trying to not be as blunt as you.😇

Im thinking this has been a demo bike from the dealers...it had some kilometers on it...some hoon has put the front wheel on a wall and spun her up maybe....'Try it in 2nd and see if she will smoke em?!!"...maybe??...then our man comes along and buys it...'Oh shyte!!...the clutch is fried!!'....He dosn't know the history of who has ridden it previously so....
i'm not interested in smoking my wheels up on my new GT...tyres are expensive and stress on parts just aint worth it...i love this machine..its a step up on my 2016 Roadster which i loved to bits, so i aint gonna mistreat it just to see if it can handle the abuse or not.
My take on this is someone...a rider who has taken it for a 'Test' ride...has mistreated it.

How did they get your old get damaged clutch to the UK so quick as to make that call.

I would take to the web and post on every R3 web site about how poor there after sales services is.

Go to your consumer complaints watch dog too.

Also hit up the dog and lemon guide company and put it to them to do a story about shot clutch. Bad publicity is just that. Could put off quite a few buyers.
Putting me off already !

Back