Clutch gone after 2 months......

Love this video by Triumph
but have they got a problem or am I just unlucky? Do these bikes in the video survive?

Riding Rocket 3 R

Problem: Took the beast for a few laps of a race track where she performed nicely. But then, a quick launch - wanted to do a straight line run, try to spin up the rear to warm the tyres more .... Noise but no movement. Upshot being she just sits there. Goes up and down gears on indictor but wont move. Revs in gear, no clutch in but moves no where. What do you think guys? The dealership yesterday diagnosed it as ****ed clutch. Never seen anything like it they said.

Now I have done a little hooning but nothing extreme and not to the levels of the video above. I have never in my life blown up a clutch on the plethora of bikes I have owned, yet here, after 2 months of ownership of the new R 3, it is gone! Worse thing is that being so new and so few in the country here in Australia, I may not see the bike for a while. Keen on your thoughts

I hope it is a freak occurrence and not an ingrained issue with the bike. Anyone else have this problem?

DD
It happened tô me here in Brazil, did insurance covered you up?

No. It is cost me about $2000 AUD which is about $1400 USD. She's been fine ever since but I haven't ridden her like in the video ever again. :(
When you ride the Rocket consider Triumph treating it like a politician treats it's citizens. "Do as I say and not as I do". 👨‍🦼

Back