Clutch gone after 2 months......

Sounds like something just failed, not the clutch as in fibers and steels, if the fibers and steels were jacked when you pull in clutch handle she would creep forward,

Is it possible the bike is stuck in neutral? You said the gear shift indicator shows the different gears but could that be misleading. I'd try lifting the rear end up and spinning the rear wheel while shifting the tranny up and down to see if there is any change in gear noise. Should happen as different gear sets are locked. Again, I'm in guess mode and am really intrigued by this failure. Seems like something snapped or is hung up. For the clutches to suddenly fail, as Kevin stated, you should get some kind of dragging at least with clutch released.

Another possibility, is the hydraulic clutch activator hung up in the release mode forcing the pressure plate to stay released????

It would seem to me that the hydraulic setup was holding some pressure on the clutch and not functioning correctly which caused the failure. It should be able to handle quite a lot of abuse, unless of course you were unlucky to have received a dud clutch in the first place. I would be asking the dealer to check the hydraulic function when they do the clutch.

The dealership workshop reported back it was the clutch. Said they'd not seen anything like it - well not in that time frame (and a first for me). Triumph seems concerned and have asked for the clutch to be sent to them. (I wanted to keep as a desk ornament). :) They are hesitant to immediately replace until they have assessed it. I think that is a good thing being a v1 bike with so much hype and in particular it's speed and sporting prowess claims. So I won't be seeing my beast for a while by the sounds. Hoping it was a freaky occurrence and not that the clutch is just not up to strength to deal with the power of the bike. This thing should be able to hard launch day in and day out - not die after just a few hard launches.

Back