for the guys that don't know me my name is Herman i have operated Herman's automatic transmission's since 1975 and i have been working on
automatic transmissions since 1966 so i know a lot about clutches.
just my opinion
i have not heard the bark that u have but heard a lot of squawks/barks/chatters
this is what i think that the friction modifiers r not up to par so what happens is the clutch slips then grabs valiant causing a squawks/barks/chatters
u need enough modifiers to allow the clutches to slip smooth at first apply.
the oil can be old or the wrong type of oil. i would suggest the ones with probs post the type and the amount of miles so u can get a handle on this prob.
something u might try is b prepared to change oil if this doesn't work. ad a small container(guessing 3 ounces) of general motors limited slip or 1/2 quart or 1 pint of honda atf.
For me it wasn’t present from new and only raised its head at just over the 6k mark after coming back from a 1000mile run to the coast, like I said above it seems to have zero effect on actual operation but was concerned that it was the start of an issue, coming from the previous Gen Rocket whose Box was positively agricultural I grew accustomed to the various burbs farts bangs and chatters she kicked out which in part is why I noticed the grumble on this as at first I was very surprised by its smooth and reined nature.

A chatter
My definition is a slip grab slip grab multiple times. This causes vinration and is hard on a lot of components and should be addressed as soon as possible.

A chatter
My definition is a slip grab slip grab multiple times. This causes vinration and is hard on a lot of components and should be addressed as soon as possible.
Interesting, I'd often felt that at lower RPMs when engaging 1st gear. I'd never given it much thought as I figured it was just me not giving enough throttle and lugging the engine a bit. I'm nearing 10k miles, I'll make sure to pay attention if it disappears with new fluids that have fresh friction modifiers.

Bark is the best description I can muster, accompanied by a vibration through the lever just at the point of of engagement, it’s not chatter or basket rattle and can be held for a brief period in the range that produces the noise,it cannot be reproduced in motion and has no immediate effect on gear selection.
Sounds like your bark is bigger than your bike.
My bike has no bark. Yet.😒

Back