REBLX136

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R 15 Rocket Roadster
I’ve noticed a slight bark in the clutch on take off just as it picks up the bite in first, it’s not constant and doesn’t matter if she’s hot or cold, I can feel the bark through the lever and it repeatable but not consistently, shifting isn’t effected. Anyone else experience similar, she has about 6k on the clock now and it’s only just started.

I’ve noticed a slight bark in the clutch on take off just as it picks up the bite in first, it’s not constant and doesn’t matter if she’s hot or cold, I can feel the bark through the lever and it repeatable but not consistently, shifting isn’t effected. Anyone else experience similar, she has about 6k on the clock now and it’s only just started.
My GT does it too on initial clutch release.. Did it from the start.. Makes a little vibration sound as well.

My GT does it too on initial clutch release.. Did it from the start.. Makes a little vibration sound as well.
Yeah it’s an odd one, mine didn’t come on until she had 6k on the clock so it’s not normal, I’ll get Triumph to have a butchers in a few weeks, I know a bloke that had his clutch replaced on a new machine for this very thing!

Yeah it’s an odd one, mine didn’t come on until she had 6k on the clock so it’s not normal, I’ll get Triumph to have a butchers in a few weeks, I know a bloke that had his clutch replaced on a new machine for this very thing!
Mine seems to make a very small initial front end vibration as well. As soon as the clutch is fully released it goes away.

Mine seems to make a very small initial front end vibration as well. As soon as the clutch is fully released it goes away.
I only get the vibe through the lever and it’s not apparent when moving, just at bite, it’s not basket rattle though.

had this on a car once, it turns out it was the thrust bearing. I was told it happened a lot on large engine / heavy cars as people tend to drag the clutch more on take off. It was replaced under warranty but i have no idea if the Rocket even has a similar engine/gearbox setup to an average car

Can you describe this "bark" of which you speak?

for the guys that don't know me my name is Herman i have operated Herman's automatic transmission's since 1975 and i have been working on
automatic transmissions since 1966 so i know a lot about clutches.
just my opinion
i have not heard the bark that u have but heard a lot of squawks/barks/chatters
this is what i think that the friction modifiers r not up to par so what happens is the clutch slips then grabs valiant causing a squawks/barks/chatters
u need enough modifiers to allow the clutches to slip smooth at first apply.
the oil can be old or the wrong type of oil. i would suggest the ones with probs post the type and the amount of miles so u can get a handle on this prob.
something u might try is b prepared to change oil if this doesn't work. ad a small container(guessing 3 ounces) of general motors limited slip or 1/2 quart or 1 pint of honda atf.

Can you describe this "bark" of which you speak?
Bark is the best description I can muster, accompanied by a vibration through the lever just at the point of of engagement, it’s not chatter or basket rattle and can be held for a brief period in the range that produces the noise,it cannot be reproduced in motion and has no immediate effect on gear selection.

Back