Clicking Noise in the Rear Wheel

Sonny,
What is "100 MM"?

upload_2019-3-25_16-7-26.jpeg
;):roll::roll::roll::roll:

Yeah, but it says Motor Cyclist right there on his T-shirt, so I figured he must be an expert.;)

I told my wife I was giving up, then within 20 minutes later I was searching for new solutions. DellBoy is more my style- I've gotten more good tips from his website than any place other than rite cheer.

He uses a "bridge puller," (7:45 in the video below) which makes a lot of sense. I found one in a set on Amazon and will be back in the fight tomorrow or the next day. I'm debating ordering a new spacer for the rear.

Last edited:
Also.... in another related post, a couple of questions come up and I'm hoping to resurrect them here.....

- How many of you loosen, then tighten, the final drive as part of a rear wheel install? I don't see that in the manual, but if I'm reading correctly @Rocket Scientist and @TURBO200R4 seem to do so, but were debating the sequence

TURBO200R4 said: "if u tighten the axle nut first then tighten the final drive that would put a lot of pressure on the bearings and make them go bad."

Rocket Scientist said: I must take issue here. The proper sequence is, install final drive, leave the four bolts finger tight. Install wheel and axle, torque axle nut. Then torque the final drive bolts. The next time you have your final drive off, you'll notice it has clearance in the bolt holes I.E. you can rock it back and forth some. By tightening the axle first it puts the final drive in perfect alignment with the axle, so it's not putting a bind on the rear wheel bearings.
@Gregger asked about the length of the rear spacer for the Roadster- anyone?

Rocket Scientist said: I must take issue here. The proper sequence is, install final drive, leave the four bolts finger tight. Install wheel and axle, torque axle nut. Then torque the final drive bolts. The next time you have your final drive off, you'll notice it has clearance in the bolt holes I.E. you can rock it back and forth some. By tightening the axle first it puts the final drive in perfect alignment with the axle, so it's not putting a bind on the rear wheel bearings.

Same as torquing the front axle down before tightening the fork yoke bolts, that’s what aligns it.

let me rephrase
u have the axle bolt in place thru the frame and the wheel with any spacers installed then tighten the four nuts/bolts on the drive shaft tube according to book specs.

Back