Clicking Noise in the Rear Wheel

I still think the main issue is the cush drive rubber being too thick not allowing all the spacers to seat with a reasonable torque. The outer bearing (disc brake side) on the rim sees too much side load as the axle is torqued. The inner rim bearing sees nothing until the cush drive rubber compresses allowing those spacers to bottom out. I'll be looking at this soon. Got my bearings in..... again.

Has anybody measured the thickness of the cush drive including the protrusions.
Also, has anybody measured the length of the spacer with a micrometer or vernier? My vernier isn't long enough?
IMG_1415[1].JPG

Last edited:
Which of the three rear bearings goes bad? Does one need or should replace them all? If a rim has been sitting a long time and the disc side bearing seems to be locked, can I install it and run it to unlock it?

Rim with new bearings and new Exedra Max went on. What pressure does this tire like? Classic with 220 lbs rider. How do you scrub a tire... "like... with a brush" :thumbsdown:

The old bearings were not seized. The center one was a little rough rolling. Kept them as spares. There is a sleeve between the disc side and the center bearing. The main bolt passes through it. This might be where the noise is coming from.

I keep two PSI more than the max rated on the tire sidewall. Seems to keep from cupping that way on mine.

I scrub new tires on a twisty piece of road.

I keep two PSI more than the max rated on the tire sidewall. Seems to keep from cupping that way on mine.

I scrub new tires on a twisty piece of road.

Thank you for the info. Ill do some parking lot exercises. Does this taller Exedra hit the fender? It looks a lot taller.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. Ill do some parking lot exercises. Does this teller Exedra hit the fender? It looks a lot taller.

The Exedra Max 240/55 does raise the rear axle nearly an inch.
Now put a 140/75 on the front.

on mine it works great does no touch any thing but i suppose it would depend on what size tire u put on it:laugh::laugh:
i weight 165 and carry one bag full of stuff. and i run 32 psi now that is allright for my driving but if u liked the twistys i would run a little more
the tire has about 8000 miles and has a lot more left.

Thank you for the info. Ill do some parking lot exercises. Does this teller Exedra hit the fender? It looks a lot taller.

Run 40 PSI Rick. I run 40 on mine @ 225 lbs with Laura (115 lbs) on back & no fender scraping

42 is what I run in the Exedra Max.
34 in the 140/75 front tire.

Back