Cleaning chemicals and the R3

That Honda polish is the best thing I have found for cleaning bugs and road grime off my jacket, gloves, boots and helmet, too!

It is one stop shopping.

I read or perhaps I read the Glare Polish doesn't produce or leave a white crusty in the unaccessible crevices and thus fair I've not seen such.

Cleans leather without leaving a whitish residue either??? I've got to try it as well!!!

Anyone tried oven cleaner.Just don't leave it on over night.

Is that a preheated oven? I'd be trying that in a non-conspicuous location, whatever that's suppose to mean. Must be a closet test trial.:) I don't imagine a once in awhile application will harm a pipe. And perhaps a heated oven would be appropriate. I'd go with a dollop of acetone on cold pipes. Soak a cotton ball, apply for 5 minutes, repeat, repeat, and use a <5 degree razor slice. There is likely to be a stain remaining, depending on how long it's been burnt on the pipe:confused: I've use the pipe chrome polish, the pink $4it in a (red/yellow?) squeeze tube, after cleaning away the chunks and have resolved 99% of the stain.

Just touched the Triumph cover to the header pipe yesterday. Well, I thought it was cold enoungh:kk:

Cleaning rubber

Got a hint from the triumph parts guy. Ha say's to let you pipes get warm but not scorching hot and take a standard red shop rag and soak it with carb cleaner (NOT BRAKE) cleaner and hold it on the rubber for a few minutes the pull the rag off and the rubber will come with it. He say's you WILL have to do it several times but it works.

I'll have my girlfriend try it this weekend and I'll let you knkow.:roll:

Tried the fine grade bronze wool. Far better than even 0000 steel wool but still leaves a few micro scratches. The pre-1975 penny did not scratch when scraping off a boot mark yesterday.. Also, the checkered pattern left on hot pipes when they contact any clothing with polyester in the material. This is a ***** to remove!
The only things I will use on my chrome from now on are Windex for routine maintenance, Blue Job (absolutely NO dulling or scratching ), my precious 1971 penny and EZ Off for the melted plastic and boot marks. Every chrome cleaner I've used except the Blue Job, even those claiming they are safe for chrome, leave some dulling and micro scratches.
For those of you that have not tried Blue Job.. it IS a miracle! Get some and try it on a chromed piece you have laying around and you will se a perfect luster and NO dulling to even the most highly polished items.
Yes...I AM OCD about finishes and so have a large collection of partially used chrome cleaners.
Now we should talk about paint.....polishes, waxes, etc.!

I have a million bottles of waxes/polishes after 50 years of maintaining motorcycle finishes and the best I've ever used are Klasse products. Their general polish wax is fantastic and their sealant is a real coating on the paint. I know this because I got a scratch on my tank and when using a fine compound to buff it out, I saw a layer of the sealant coming off before hitting the paint.
I will try the Glare product but it's going to have to be some great **** to change me over!

How To Properly Apply Klasse All IN ONE and Klasse Sealant Glase. Enthusiasts have always relied on the consistent quality of Klasse products during their journeys into the exciting and deep world of car care.

Klasse Car Care Products, Klasse Detailing Products, Klasse Sealant, klasse all in one

Back