Chrome Coming Off Tank Badge

John Turnbull

I’ve Got A Ticket To Ride
Ride
R3T
Hey folks, I had a brake fluid mishap that spilled on my tank. I quickly washed off the fluid with no sign of damage so far on the tank finish or engine paint. Same cannot be said for the right side TANK BADGE. The chrome is peeling off? Any suggestions on where to get a new or used badge? A fix of what already is? All info would be appreciated. Thx much folks.

Attachments

• 76FC9BB0-23FD-49EE-9AE4-EBBA1E0E0447.jpeg
    76FC9BB0-23FD-49EE-9AE4-EBBA1E0E0447.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 54
Hey folks, I had a brake fluid mishap that spilled on my tank. I quickly washed off the fluid with no sign of damage so far on the tank finish or engine paint. Same cannot be said for the right side TANK BADGE. The chrome is peeling off? Any suggestions on where to get a new or used badge? A fix of what already is? All info would be appreciated. Thx much folks.

Remove both, fill and paint?
Will look better and be the color of your choice.

Hello John and welcome from Virginia. Please go over to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us more about you and the bikes you've cross the earth on.

Hello John and welcome to the site. I would imagine that Triumph Badge is still available from Triumph in Canada. Something that isn't purchased often. The US price is between $43 and $49 bucks. You have several Triumph dealers in your area. Just give them a call but make sure you have the last 6 numbers of your VIN.

Hello John and welcome to the site. I would imagine that Triumph Badge is still available from Triumph in Canada. Something that isn't purchased often. The US price is between $43 and $49 bucks. You have several Triumph dealers in your area. Just give them a call but make sure you have the last 6 numbers of your VIN.[/QUOTE. My local dealer just called and the r/a tank badge is in. Thx guys

Hello John and welcome to the site. I would imagine that Triumph Badge is still available from Triumph in Canada. Something that isn't purchased often. The US price is between $43 and $49 bucks. You have several Triumph dealers in your area. Just give them a call but make sure you have the last 6 numbers of your VIN.
It is and I’ve received it thx.

Back