Running rough after tank swap

SlimReaper

Carpenter 260 Roadster
Ride
2016 Rocket - Carpenter 260 kit
So I had to lay my 2009 R3T down to avoid a major accident and had to replace my tank. Kept all the electrical from original (pump, hoses, fittings, fuel gauge, etc.)

Bike starts and idle fine. It also runs accelerates ok, until I go to shift. After that, she sputters and surges. If I really kind of get in it, she picks back up but does heavy back firing (the likes of which I never saw before the swap) and then will sputter again as soon as I get in the throttle.

Any ideas? Bike ran flawlessly previously.

I would suggest checking fuel pressure. And above when you say etc, do you mean all internals, regulator, fuel filter etc also came from old damaged tank and into new one?

If the replacement tank had all the internals come with it, I would double check pump function and all the hose connections are not swollen by E10 fuel (just had that problem)

Has the fuel pump ever been changed? If so how long ago
When was the last fuel filter change done?
Did you check the condition of the rubber fuel lines inside of the tank? Even though those are rated for immersion in fuel, I believe there were some issues with some of them WRT breaking down due to the ethanol in current fuels.

Could of been fine or at least marginal condition, then when disturbed by removing and putting the new tank could have been the last straw.

Has the fuel pump ever been changed? If so how long ago
When was the last fuel filter change done?
Did you check the condition of the rubber fuel lines inside of the tank? Even though those are rated for immersion in fuel, I believe there were some issues with some of them WRT breaking down due to the ethanol in current fuels.

Could of been fine or at least marginal condition, then when disturbed by removing and putting the new tank could have been the last straw.
To my knowledge, the fuel pump has not been changed by previous owners. When I swapped the tank, I inspected the fuel lines and didn't see anything abnormal.

Depending on how hard it went down it might have tore the rubber or dislodged the throttle bodies. Also check all the hoses from throttle bodies to map sensor
Spray the throttle linkage then wot and let fly. Make sure u have free play in the throttle

Depending on how hard it went down it might have tore the rubber or dislodged the throttle bodies. Also check all the hoses from throttle bodies to map sensor
Spray the throttle linkage then wot and let fly. Make sure u have free play in the throttle
I'll try to look the throttle bodies over today to inspect hoses and such.

Thats why I suggested checking fuel pressure, then there would be no guessing about inside the tank items like mentioned above
Harbor freight has a kit, I'll pick it up today. Are there any threads on here that you know of that show testing it? Or what pressures I should be seeing? Thanks.

Back