ICTROCKET, I to have the Jardines and Corbin bags and had the same problem as you. I purchased some chrome 2 1/2 in exhaust tips and had a buddy tack weld them on with stainless rod. Its not perfect but it does the job. Cheaper and easier than changing out your exhaust.

Big T

Big T, thanks for the tip. Your picture looks great. I have looked around but not found any tips/extensions that are 3.25" diameter to match the Jardines diameter.

Any suggestions for making them quieter? I pulled the baffles out, and the packing was in good shape. The baffle diameter is 2.25". I'm thinking about getting a pair of 1.75" baffle cores and have the muffler shop weld on the inlet and outlet flange. That way I can put more packing in the tube. Then do I have problems getting the tune right? The bike does have a power commander.

Jeff

I did the same thing and pulled the baffles and repacked with new but to no avail. Still loud. I like your idea of making a smaller baffle and adding more packing. If you do get this done and it makes a big difference in the noise then it will probably need to be retuned also. Since you have the PC III, all you will need is to find a PC tune shop and have them put it on the computer again and it will adjust it for you.

Good luck with the project and hope to see you in Cassidy some sunday. I can't make it next sunday but for sure the one in July.

Big T

ps I just googled chrome exhaust tips and found all sorts of suppliers.

GPMAZ, thanks for your information. I'm new to R3's but think you are correct. Pictures I've seen of TOR exhaust looks like it comes all the way to the stock manifold, eliminating the cat(s). I think I'll try to get the exhaust set on ebay, then I've got options if I can't figure out what to do with the jardine.

Thanks,
Jeff

ICT I was thinking of trying to do the same thing but I looked at the pictures of the tourer exhaust. They have a heavy chrome connection where the muffler joins the exhaust where as the jardine muffler is more like a chrome glass pack. Not saying it couldn't be done but not sure what it would look like. If you'll notice that this muffler is big and square butt cut where it connect the to exhaust pipe. Unless you have the rest of the exhaust, you might have trouble getting it to work for ya. Thats just what I have found. But maybe if you do it, I can copy the same set up. Good luck and ride safe.

T

T, I'll let you know what I figure out.

I've read that you should repack your mufflers every 5,000 miles or so. That causes me to hesitate putting extensions on the Jardine system. I’d bet it will require cutting off the extensions to get the baffles out.

Jeff

It does require cutting the extensions off but I have talked to guys that have said they have as many as 20k on there Jardines and not needed to replack. I have about 8 k on mine with no problems. I don't for see pulling them any time soon.

T

Back