cheap performance mod questions

I have a 14 rocket 3 what are some cheap performance mods I can do? what really works ?
If you don't want to spend HUGE sums of money - the best (and probably not that expensive a way) is to get to somebody with a Dyno who KNOWS Rockets and let them get the best possible out of the stock setup.

The biggest bottlenecks are the exhausts - especially the stock headers and the intake.

The best intake solution currently that will fit under the chrome bearclaw is probably the RAMAIR.
http://ramair-filters.co.uk/triumph-rocket-iii-filter-kit/triumph-rocket-iii-filter-kit.html

There are more radical intake solutions but some CAN be noisy.

Exhausts - it all depends how much you want to spend vs how much you'll get out of it.
For example there is not much point in getting a system that aids breathing at 6000rpms if you'll only be pushing it to 5000.

As Art says - 165-170hp is fairly easy.

The DoBeck and Powercommander-V units make home tuning easier - but an expert and a dyno will be better.

If you don't want to spend HUGE sums of money - the best (and probably not that expensive a way) is to get to somebody with a Dyno who KNOWS Rockets and let them get the best possible out of the stock setup.

The biggest bottlenecks are the exhausts - especially the stock headers and the intake.

The best intake solution currently that will fit under the chrome bearclaw is probably the RAMAIR.
http://ramair-filters.co.uk/triumph-rocket-iii-filter-kit/triumph-rocket-iii-filter-kit.html

There are more radical intake solutions but some CAN be noisy.

Exhausts - it all depends how much you want to spend vs how much you'll get out of it.
For example there is not much point in getting a system that aids breathing at 6000rpms if you'll only be pushing it to 5000.

As Art says - 165-170hp is fairly easy.

The DoBeck and Powercommander-V units make home tuning easier - but an expert and a dyno will be better.

well the good thing is for me I live 20 mins from carpenter racing so that's who will tune it but thanks for the advice guys im hoping to get around the 200 hp range will be perfect for me !!!

Good luck @dmaint69.
When considering exhaust, take a minute to listen to recordings of each of the good systems available. We are lucky there are at least 3 good systems available, all with distinctly different sounds, and all of them have different torque curves (generally though you could summarize the torque curves as "a lot"), they are also very similarly priced to each other after shipping cost.

As far as cheap power, the crossover from staintune + Staintune mufflers or tors has been shown to make around 150whp with a good tune done.

Remember buying performance is like anything else. There are always three options. Cheap, fast, and good. You can choose any two of the three.

To achieve 200hp it is likely you would need to install high compression pistons, cams and a good tune.

To achieve 200hp it is likely you would need to install high compression pistons, cams and a good tune.
Pretty much what I am getting. Ramair intake with secondaries removed, Reband exhaust, pistons and cam. Total package definitely not what I would call cheap.

Back