cheap performance mod questions

dmaint69

.020 Over
Ride
2014 triumph rocket 3 2007 suzuki hayabusa
I have a 14 rocket 3 what are some cheap performance mods I can do? what really works ?

Have a read on this forum for more info

In short, new air filtration and new headers/exhaust are the first step...this requires a new map on the ECU too

I too have a '14 R3R and am waiting until my warranty is up to start, ramair filter, custom 3 into 1 headers and a sports can will be my preferred option

11 months to go....

That used to be easy; derestrict the first 3 gears. As that's now done for you, cheap thrills are a little more difficult.

The cheapest thing you can do is add Triumph performance mufflers for $499. You can tweak the stock tune for that with the TuneECU program for the price of a cable. Adding custom headers, mufflers, and tuning is in multiple $thousands range.

The cheapest thing you can do is add Triumph performance mufflers for $499. You can tweak the stock tune for that with the TuneECU program for the price of a cable. Adding custom headers, mufflers, and tuning is in multiple $thousands range.
IF you want a real increase in performance over stock 120 HP you can go for a new exhaust and air intake and get up to 170HP for around $2000

For Under $300 you can get a Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. Plug and play. No dyno tune needed. No retune needed. VERY SAFE. I gained 19 HP and 10 TQ. It is by far the least expensive performance mod. And I get 40 to 45 MPG now. (That is when I cruise and don't twist the throttle like a nutcase.)

My triumph tors sound great and with a K&N filter under the seat with triumph's offroad tune my ride is better than stock and pretty cheap, but there are probably even better tunes for my bike out there. My bike pulls all the way to 5500 rpm in 5th gear(i think, the gauges are wobbling in the wind pretty good at that speed and hard to read.)

IF you use Carpenters BRUTE HP pipe he will or he will send you a map or send him your ecu
He won't send the map. I had to send in my ECU. I haven't put it on a dyno yet but I can say that at 50 mph, using just throttle it will wheelie. Not an inch or two under the front tire, I'm talking stand up straight wheelie. Anyone care to call BS can ask @R3Tex

Back