Chasin a Gremlin.....

Having a time trying to balance the throttle bodies. Can get 1 & 3 very close to one another, but 2 is way out. Also my darned laptop, or the Tune ECU program, drops the vacuum readings occasionally, while I'm trying to adjust. Also, I think I've read somewhere, that the 3 lines from the manifold, to the map sensor, should be the same length? Also have an error 2nd throttle sensor open or shorted ?? Can't do much until I get the error corrected. Tomorrow is another day, God willing, and the creek don't rise. Ha! :)

Having a time trying to balance the throttle bodies. Can get 1 & 3 very close to one another, but 2 is way out. Also my darned laptop, or the Tune ECU program, drops the vacuum readings occasionally, while I'm trying to adjust. Also, I think I've read somewhere, that the 3 lines from the manifold, to the map sensor, should be the same length? Also have an error 2nd throttle sensor open or shorted ?? Can't do much until I get the error corrected. Tomorrow is another day, God willing, and the creek don't rise. Ha! :)
Have to make sure laptop or program is causing a problem, possible sensor causing vacuum problem.

Well.... sorta back to square one. It was running well enough for a ride up and down the street. Only problem was a ruff idle, but I hadn't adjusted the throttle bodies yet. While adjusting the throttle bodies, it all went south. Started dropping cylinders, backfiring out the intake, and making that burn your eyes fumes, almost like it was trying to run backwards! Then, to make things worse, I had been sitting on a 5 gallon bucket, while working on it, and I had to slide the bucket back a foot or so, so I could squat down to see the adjustment screws. When I stood up, I fell over backwards, and luckily knocked the bucket over in the process. My but landed on the bucket, splitting it up both sides, (the bucket ha!) but cushioning the fall. My arms are black and blue, from flailing around banging onto all the cwap I have in my very clustered work space. So, healing up today, watching MotoGP. And now suspect the only thing I haven't changed out, "the crank position sensor". I know it's just a coil, and you'd think it would either be open circuit (bad), or show a resistance (that I don't know). BUT what if it had an intermittent short? Just grabbing at straws. I'll put my meter on it tomorrow, and compare the reading to another one I have.
Just watched Mark Marquez slide down at 164 mph, and he got up and walked away !!!! "BALLS" o_O :eek::)

Back