Changing fuel filter

20180705_205155.jpg
20180705_205407.jpg
20180705_205407.jpg
Journeyman, I believe most of the "dirt" you're seeing in that photo is the debris from the saw. The amount of dirt trapped by the filter is a function of how dirty the fuel you are buying/burning. Here is the filter media from my original Triumph filter after 86,000 miles...The intake side compared to the outlet side

I replaced the toilet bowl thing (float) around $110.00 dollars and now fuel gauge works. Matter of fact it is pretty accurate.

Wow, $110 for that part. Since there is no competition for this part, mother Triumph can charge whatever she wants. This could be an Achilles heel type of part if they run out of NOS supply and part becomes obsolete. I guess there will be a supply of used from wrecked bikes.

Good thread to keep as a reference...thanks.

I hope everybody changing the lines in the tank are using "submersible" fuel line. Regular gas line is only designed for fuel contact on the inside. The outer layers are not suitable for continuous immersion in gas. Submersible fuel line is WAY more expensive. I had a hard time finding it locally. I believe I paid something like $10.00 a foot for the correct stuff.

20180705_205155.jpg
20180705_205407.jpg
20180705_205407.jpg
Journeyman, I believe most of the "dirt" you're seeing in that photo is the debris from the saw. The amount of dirt trapped by the filter is a function of how dirty the fuel you are buying/burning. Here is the filter media from my original Triumph filter after 86,000 miles...The intake side compared to the outlet side

You're right about the dirt and debris kicked up from the saw, but the actual material on mine appears darker/dirtier. Not brag, just fact ;)
I'm not sure where the previous owner got his fuel, but I try to buy from a quality dealer. Good advice, there gR3yWolf!

There was a definite difference in performance immediately after adding the new filter. For those wondering if changing the filter might help, well, it might and is really pretty simple and inexpensive to do.

Back