Center Stand Sale

Got one coming from eddy, let you know if it fits my '08 or not. I trust ed will take it back if the fit is too far off.
FYI ... It says on Rivco's website that it will not fit touring model, could that be why some are having trouble?

Last edited:
Rivco was having the problem long before the Touring model was on the market, Rivcos way of designing goodies for the rocket was to have someone donate one usually at winter time and they get the bike back with what ever they designed installed on the bike.
You would think that all rockets would be the same but just look at Our Flips little questionnaire and you will see up to 1/4"difference between the lugs which equals up to a load of curse words while you are grinding away to make it fit.:eek:

Some times I wonder if folks can walk, let alone use a ruler. But that's another discussion all together.:rolleyes:

Center stand installed on R3

I installed the center stand from eddy today, there was some cutting involved but the installation instructions covered it and it went on nicely. It most deffinately is not a "bolt-on" procedure, you need to be at least a shade tree mechanic to do it. There is some drilling/enlarging of holes needed as well. I took some pics of one side and the cut needed for a proper fit.
I didn't encounter the "distance between the lugs" issue, the spacing was fine and only required two of the three shims included with the hardware.

11-05-2009-092736.jpg

11-05-2009-094754.jpg

11-05-2009-105606.jpg

The other side only needed a little grinding and was much easier. I wouldn't tackle this without a good hand held grinder, using a saw would be too difficult.
I think it was worth the effort, it works great and washing the bike went alot faster.

Last edited:
RE: Centerstand Pix

Hellfire, that looked TOO easy! Thanks for the pix. I'm going to check the lugs on my '05, and if they look like yours, I'll probably order one and try it, just for 'grins'. I wonder what year their 'test mule' was? What is the measurement between your lugs?

Kick the Tires, Light the Fires, and HANG ON!!!:eek:
Hank & 'the Beast'

Last edited:
Here are shots of the other side after lopping off the bump and with the stand bolted up. The cuttings on the ground are just from drilling out the frame holes for the new bolts. Triumph sure didn't cut corners with the steel used in the frame, I had to sharpen my bits twice, it's some strong ****! :evil:

I noticed that the Rivco photo Eddy copied from the promo looks different from mine where the mount meets the frame, am I seeing things or can you see it too?
11-05-2009-092802.jpg

11-05-2009-104012.jpg

11-05-2009-103934.jpg

Last edited:
Back