Center Stand Sale

fasteddy

.020 Over
May be of interest to all, RIVCO is having a Center Stand sale for the R3. I am listing them at $305 with shipping included. 10% off the regular price. Sale ends October 31st

eddy

Last edited:
Yeah, the retailer always takes the heat for overpriced products. Even with the slimmest of margins, the price from the manufacturer drives the retail price up too high.

You would think that Rivco would get the hint that the R3 Center Stand is a slow moving product and that they would 1) stop producing it, or 2) reset the price point down far enough to make it more attractive on the market. I'd love to have one but my price point on the value is about half of what they are selling for. The poor reputation on the fit also factors in.

I'm not trying to bad mouth FastEddy, I've bought some mirrors from him before at a great price. This is more of a message to Rivco that this product is way overpriced.

Treading lightly here.....

There are some inherent problems with Rivco's R3 products including poor fitment as well as retial pricing. We all know now that there is a variation in the spacing on the lugs, the very lugs that mount the centerstand.

I'm presuming that Rivco took one bike and designed the centerstand mount spacing using the parameters from that one bike without taking into account the variation which is why the stand is a poor fit or don't fit (without grinding the lugs) at all. That's pretty much SOP with any aftermarket manufacturer and when you don't own the particular model or participate in any forums or discussions, you aren't aware of any problems, you just presume all is well...... When, in fact, it's not.

Most all large, established manufacturers have a set retail price point that retailers must, to maintain their relationship and or franchise, have to adhere to. However, when the manufacturer is marketing products that are questionable in fitment, it becomes subjective.

Case in point is the centerstand as well as the tip over bars and to some extent the handlebar risers. It's one thing to manufacture a product. It's another thing to act on input from the end user and modify that product accordingly.

After the tip over bar fiasco (with me), I had a less than fuzzy feeling about Rivco's quality control or their final inspection procedures and I bought them direct from Rivco.

While the tip over bars were structurally more substantial than the original OEM bars, fitment was a PITA because the lower mounts didn't line up and consequently had to be opened up with a die grinder, something that shouldn't happen and should have been caught on final inspection.

The end user, in this case me, shouldn't be required or expected to 'customize' a product in order to fit it, plus, the average end user don't have the specialized tools I have and shouldn't be expected to modify a product to fit for it's intended use, one reason the products I manufacture go on my personal bike beforehand and one reason I discuss on this site as well as on others and questions or concerns beforehand.

In my humble opinion, being intimately familiar with the motorcycle goes a long way toward providing a quality product as well as foolproof fitment. As a manufacturer as well as a retailer, you have to be 'attuned' to the end user and take into account and act upon the end users input. Something I try to do with everything I offer. That's why I only market products for 3 motorcycles. I has nothing to do with manufacturers lines and everything to do with being intimately familiar with select models.

The end user dictates the marketability of any product and the end user is you.

I had to grind the lugs to get mine to fit, and the stand does lesson your cornering clearance some what. It scrapes before the floor boards do but not everyone tries to Cafe race their Rocket. The stand does aid in cleaning the wheels, but if you have a gravel driveway as I do, it's tuff getting it up on the stand. Aside from fit issues, it's a good looking stand. That said, I sold mine on this site and have heard nothing negative from the buyer.

First off guys, no offense taken.

RIVCO will be made aware of these concerns. I know that they do get a bike in for each model and R&D goes over it and designs according to the bike they have brought in, this I know for a fact. Will let you know what I find out.

I do know they care a great deal about getting it right and what the cutomers thinks.

First off guys, no offense taken.

RIVCO will be made aware of these concerns. I know that they do get a bike in for each model and R&D goes over it and designs according to the bike they have brought in, this I know for a fact. Will let you know what I find out.

I do know they care a great deal about getting it right and what the cutomers thinks.

Good man..Eddy..no offence meant

ray

Back