CAT Delete installed...HOLY CRAP!

It's not so much the catalyst in the can making the sound less, it's the way the pipes enter and exit that causes the backpressure and sound reduction. If you can find the cutaway picture here on the site it shows that the pipes enter and just stop. The exhaust has to swirl around in the can and find it's own way out, the bypass helps by giving the gasses some direction and ease of finding an exit.

I do love the way the TOR's sound with the bypass, probably the best sound you can get for the R3.

That stock can reminds me of the ugly exhaust on a '90's chrysler .. U G L Y !!! lol

I installed the Triumph TORS pipes several months ago, and honestly...did not notice much of a difference in sound from the stock pipes. However....

I installed the CAT bypass and WOW...that's about all I can say is WOW. Sound now is much deeper (no more of that raspy stock sound), and volume must be 2-3 times louder.

Since pulling the CAT, I have been out of town and not really ridden the bike other than a quick spin around the neighborhood. I will be installing TuneEcu this week as soon as the required cable comes in, and then will have the bike Dyno'd as I will also be installing a PCIII I already have. So...at this time I cannot really speak with regards to performance, but I was VERY surprised at the sound difference. Imagine yelling with your hand over your mouth, then removing your hand while still yelling...that's about the best analogy I can make about the bike sound now...pretty dramatic change.
If you would like a killer TORS, triple K&N tune for TuneECU PM me your e-mail if nothing else it will give you a good base to work from thou I doubt you will bother oh and if you haven't already rip the secondarys out. When I originally did the cat delete thing I had standard pipes and it made a huge difference I also have a tune for that set up would still work with TORS but a little lean maybe so you could use your PCIII to get it right:cool:

So on a 2011 R3T, removing the cats and leaving the stock mufflers on might make the exhaust a bit louder, but not so loud as to make it too loud for long rides? I'm looking for a bit more rumble, but not loud, as I do a lot of long trips. I've gone the loud pipe route on my Harley's and it's a pain in the butt on long trips. Gets old fast!

So on a 2011 R3T, removing the cats and leaving the stock mufflers on might make the exhaust a bit louder, but not so loud as to make it too loud for long rides? I'm looking for a bit more rumble, but not loud, as I do a lot of long trips. I've gone the loud pipe route on my Harley's and it's a pain in the butt on long trips. Gets old fast!
have you thought about the Staintunes full system freer flowing not to loud and they have a sweet rumble:cool:

Congrats Killer!!!
i have never been able to "kill" the popping,, when you figure it out let me know so i can do it too:D

I have the tors and cat bypass and have the popping also. Like the sound, hate the popping. I need to wait till September before I get the tune ecu. Will wait to hear from you guys to see how it worked out.

Yes, its called TOR, D&D, Staintune, etc.. The cat on the R3T is in the muffler, the lump in front is just a crossover chamber.

Are you positive about that? D&D and Staintune both call their cross over pipe a CAT eliminator crossover pipe. Have you opened up the R3T cross over pipe chamber to make sure? Or are you going on what some have said?

If true, why would Triumph go to all of the cost to make a cross over chamber, when they could have just made one like D&D and Staintune? Makes no sense. And like one of the posters said, when removed their exhaust level went up. A simple cross over chamber should not have effected the exhaust noise level.

Back