CAT Delete installed...HOLY CRAP!

Gkiller

Supercharged
Rumble!

I finally got around to installing the CAT delete on my R3 Classic (TORS already installed)..and holy crap did it liven up the sound of the bike!!! When I first cranked her up...it almost scared me as I was not expecting the loud "rumble" that came from her.....

Coming from prior ownership of V-Twins where I always had 'em loud (and liked it that way), I doubt anyone will be able to wipe the grin from my face anytime soon :D as I did not expect to be able to ever get the R3 sounding the way she does now.

Rode it around the neighborhood and did notice quite a bit of decel popping, but I have not loaded TuneEcu yet...waiting on cable to come in so I can load new map.

Now if the weather would just drop below 110 degree so I can get out and put some miles on her....

Congrats Killer!!!
i have never been able to "kill" the popping,, when you figure it out let me know so i can do it too:D

Congrats Killer!!!
i have never been able to "kill" the popping,, when you figure it out let me know so i can do it too:D

I'm going to load TuneEcu map #20050 which was sent to me by another forum member...supposedly it was written to address the decel popping issue....

Will let you know.

Please!
I dont want my rocket to sound as an ancient harley when i lett off the gas:D

I just finished putting my rocket back together with a cat bypass and TOR's . I wrapped the whole system from the header pipes to the front of the mufflers with heat tape. I always had the bypass but never put it on because I already cleaned out my cat box and was happy except for the heat to close to the starter. Boy what a different sound, I don't know if I'll like it on LONG rides. I am having a lot of popping now which sounds like a trk using is Jack brake. I'll watch this link for results.

I'll try to post a vid next week with sound...wish I had done a before/after scenario. I got an email today that my TuneEcu cable had shipped, so hopefully it will be here first of next week and I can get the new tune loaded.

Like I said before, I was REALLY surprised just how loud the bike was after removing the CAT. I was also surprised at the weight of the CAT....12 lbs!

When I had my V-Twin(s), I got used to the louder pipes on long trips. I am a believer in "loud pipes save lives"....

have guys looked in the custom tunes section I think i saw decel pop tune for tors in there otherwise talk to some of the more experienced tuneecu guys on here and they may be able to tell you how, apparently you need to richen up the really throttle mixtures, I wish I could help you but I'm still teaching my self this stuff:)

re: Cat Delete

I would be VERY interested in a .wav of the sound she makes now. Also, any luck with the new tune?

I have TORS (no cat bypass). Sound difference is subtle. Being able to coax a deeper tone from the bike would be great.

Killer, are you still running stock pipes or did you replace those as well? Also, understand the sound change, but what about the performance with just the cat bipass?
REV

Killer, are you still running stock pipes or did you replace those as well? Also, understand the sound change, but what about the performance with just the cat bipass?
REV

I installed the Triumph TORS pipes several months ago, and honestly...did not notice much of a difference in sound from the stock pipes. However....

I installed the CAT bypass and WOW...that's about all I can say is WOW. Sound now is much deeper (no more of that raspy stock sound), and volume must be 2-3 times louder.

Since pulling the CAT, I have been out of town and not really ridden the bike other than a quick spin around the neighborhood. I will be installing TuneEcu this week as soon as the required cable comes in, and then will have the bike Dyno'd as I will also be installing a PCIII I already have. So...at this time I cannot really speak with regards to performance, but I was VERY surprised at the sound difference. Imagine yelling with your hand over your mouth, then removing your hand while still yelling...that's about the best analogy I can make about the bike sound now...pretty dramatic change.

Back