carpenters exhaust

canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
Thinking of getting carpenter exhaust , because later on might get carpenter kit and Bob was telling me with his exhaust I'll get 20hp more and that it sounds a lot better then the Jardine exhaust?
Does anyone have a audio of the sound of Capenter exhaust?
Or has any one herd them and can compare the sound with the Jardines?
And when you got the Capenter kit did it sound any different?Does it sound more meaner, just like a soup up car?
And also could you really feel the power when just driving it slow ? Or do you really need to get on it to feel that extra power?
Hope everyone have a Mery Christmas and a Happy New Years

IMG_0340.JPG Not bias but plenty of low end get up and go. Sounds neat to. Wife was in the local wall-mart parking lot the other day on main-street and heard me coming a few blocks away. She was shocked when she figured out it was me going to work. Woke up the next morning and the first thing out of her mouth was #amn that bike sounds mean when your getting it. Was a bit puzzled by her comment but after she explained that she heard me coming long before she saw me while getting to her truck was a bit surprised. Not bad mouthing the Carpenter exhaust system at all but very happy with Viking exhaust. One mean @ss Exhaust system. Very rider friendly. No burns on cold weather suit while riding.:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

The Carpenter exhaust seems to have the deepest sound of all of the R3 exhaust systems. It looks like something from a hotrod, and has the sound to match. I started with the exhaust and intake with a PCV and AutoTune. It woke the bike up, but I knew it needed more. I got a custom tune on the PCV, and didn't feel any difference. Later I sent the ECU for Carpenter to reflash. That made an impressive difference. If you get the pipe, and a good intake, I'd suggest going with the reflash from Carpenter. It's cheaper than a Power Commander, and gets much better results. Later on I did get the 265hp kit. That I can honestly say is a monster when you unleash it. Now I refer to Betty, as my bipolar bitch. At low rpms she's as easy to handle as a stock Rocket, which is good in slow traffic, especially with a passenger. Get her above 4500 rpms, and you better be holding on like you just called the ol lady by her sister's name.

I prefer the sound of the Carpenter exhaust over any other. Plus the extra power is what my goal was. Jardines also have a low rumble, but barly add any power over stock. I'll post a clip of each.
This is the sound clip that really was driving me crazy while I was getting up my funds for the Carp exhaust.

This is the Jardine exhaust

Agree 100% with Steel. Top end Carpenter exhaust. Low end and mid range on a rather than stock Rocket Paul's system. Both are good systems depends on what your looking for. I like the low and mid range extra pull. Paul's system, Hanso's tune and Ramair. Just flat gets it in the low end and mid range. Milwaukee Eight screaming Chickens meet the the FOX. ENOUGH SAID:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Opp's and a beemer or two.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
I all ready have Jardine exhaust.
That video with the rocket taking down the drag strip sounded really good it would be nice if there was one with the Jardines on with carpenter kit doing the same thing so I could here the difference.
the video with the Jardines was it with the carpenter Kit? Didn't sound much different then mine at idle?
I was was looking at I think the 140 kit I beleave for $4,000 installed plus exhaust was$1800
just wanted to know if you can feel all that extra power before unleashing it? Or wound it basically feel the same as it does now having my tune boy K&N filter and Jardine exhaust.
For example I went to Germany and I took out this 2010 fuel injection Boss Hoss and holly crap just going 15 20 miles an hour you felt the power of that beast and when I steped on it holy grab what a blast, will I get that same feeling with the Rocket? Or will I only notice the power on the rocket until I step on it? Basically how it is now I can't really feel the power Untill I step on it, will it feel basically how it does now but only faster?

I don't know anyone running Jardines with a Carpenter kit. I've heard of people getting the 240 kit, and being disappointed because they got less than 200 hp, because they left their exhaust on it. People can do what they want, but if I'm spending money on hp I'm going to run the components the kit calls for.
Not sure what you expect to feel at a steady speed. The motor (especially after being modified) is smooth as silk. It's not a big rumbly paint shaker like an American V-8 in a Boss Hoss. Like I mentioned before, below 4000 rpms it behaves like a stock R3 (which is plenty powerful), so for that 2 tenths of a second it takes to go from whatever rpm you're at to 4000 it pulls like a Rocket does. After that, you'd better have your body forward, and a tight grip, because she will accelerate like it's trying to rip out your arms, and detach your body from your soul.

I get it mostly from get and go. Bottom end pure power. SO now you have two people explaining their systems and how they have there bikes set up. Zero to about 140 am gone. Steel from about thirty to god knows where gone. Either way.

Your Jardines WILL NOT give you good performance at high RPM although will increase torque a little.

what I would like to know is when you guys got the carpenter kit weather it was with his exhaust or with the Jardine, as soon as you started it could you tell the difference?
And as soon as you pulled away was it like holly **** what a difference?
Or you can only tell once you trap on it?

Back