Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
7FE7EAD9-E1FD-4C30-A077-6A76595C826F.jpeg
661AE464-EF08-4CB8-A232-6001A5807A15.jpeg
D96597EA-323B-4FB6-9A12-F0E8009CA771.jpeg
A5EB363C-F310-46A7-B603-2F76E46485AE.jpeg
38418925-9673-4595-A2F2-975C834E77F5.jpeg
Finally completed the modified scoop. As soon as my painter gets well, I’ll have it painted to match bike or maybe match it to the radiator shroud. Not sure which will look better.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a beauty! pls post pics when final paint and fitment are complete.

image6.JPG
image3.JPG
image5.JPG

It uses the OEM velocity stacks glued to three UNI 5" foam filters.

Very nice! I was working with them on that years ago, but he was never interested in filtration! I’m glad you guys figured out a way to filter the air. I may have to look into it again!!

I got to ask how muvh did the ram scoop set you back. I haven't looked at their site in a while to see if they have it listed? Just currious as I like what you've done. :D

It will only work with a Ramair if you cut the bottom of the scoop out to match the shape of the Ramair bottom and slide the Ramair in through the bottom of this scoop. It sits a little higher off the throttle bodies (stock velocity stacks are taller than the Ramair), so the bottom 1/8" of the Ramair will stick out the bottom of this scoop. You could add some rubber foam to seal the bottom of the Ramair to seal it to the scoop. The unit costs $300 unfinished with free shipping. The three throttle body holes were off so I had to glass over and drill out three new holes. the fit now is perfect. No more noise from the throttle bodies (except growl when wide open)!

It will only work with a Ramair if you cut the bottom of the scoop out to match the shape of the Ramair bottom and slide the Ramair in through the bottom of this scoop. It sits a little higher off the throttle bodies (stock velocity stacks are taller than the Ramair), so the bottom 1/8" of the Ramair will stick out the bottom of this scoop. You could add some rubber foam to seal the bottom of the Ramair to seal it to the scoop. The unit costs $300 unfinished with free shipping. The three throttle body holes were off so I had to glass over and drill out three new holes. the fit now is perfect. No more noise from the throttle bodies (except growl when wide open)!

Great price but "The three throttle body holes were off" enough to warrant re-glassing and having to do it yourself is NOT. Surely Carpenter with their reputation should be able to get it right or are they relying on the flex of the stock rubber tubes that would not suit you.

Is there any variability in the stock tubes placement order on the intake or are all 3 identical in every way?

Great price but "The three throttle body holes were off" enough to warrant re-glassing and having to do it yourself is NOT. Surely Carpenter with their reputation should be able to get it right or are they relying on the flex of the stock rubber tubes that would not suit you.

Is there any variability in the stock tubes placement order on the intake or are all 3 identical in every way?
Truthfully, the scoop fit as delivered just not perfect. Looks like the holes were cut after the mold formed. Maybe my bike is slightly different than others. If I were to order another scoop, I would order without the holes cut so you could align it perfectly to your bike. You do need to cut the holes for the attachment points for and aft and holes for the sensors, Still totally worth it.

Back