Can a tune loaded to a bike with Tuneboy be read out by TuneECU

Martin-Brighton-uk

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster in HOK Burgundy Candy
The TTS supercharger canned tune used when you buy the kit is a Tuneboy tune for which you need Tuneboy licence/some unlocking key for the tune your bike. After the tune is loaded with Tuneboy, can it not be read out by the Android TuneECU and saved then loaded to another bike? I'm liking TTS Supercharger but I'm not keen from what I've seen about reviews of TuneECU customer support.

As far as I know, no unfortunately. I've also tried it. Tuneboy files are .dat if I recall correctly, TuneECU are .hex.

If you think TuneECU support is scarce, Tuneboy is worse ime. I think TuneECU support is greatly misunderstood by the masses, they're always asking basic questions which are answered in the FAQ or questions about tuning rather than the tool itself if you get me - as if downloading the software comes with a 24 hour hotline to a tuner. And as such don't get responses from the TuneECU reps. Perhaps that's where the customer support rep comes from.

Unless someone out there has a TuneECU map for the supercharged engine - you could manually copy table values over from the Tuneboy map to create the TuneECU version. Tedious job but this is what I did for the Carpenter 240 map.
Or you could load a "stock" TuneECU map and a local tuner can tune the bike with trims in PCV and ignition module, then import the trims into the TuneECU map creating a custom TuneECU map for the supercharged engine.

Another option is find a tuner who will work with TuneECU and pay them millions to develop the TuneECU map with your supercharged bike.

As far as I know, no unfortunately. I've also tried it. Tuneboy files are .dat if I recall correctly, TuneECU are .hex.

If you think TuneECU support is scarce, Tuneboy is worse ime. I think TuneECU support is greatly misunderstood by the masses, they're always asking basic questions which are answered in the FAQ or questions about tuning rather than the tool itself if you get me - as if downloading the software comes with a 24 hour hotline to a tuner. And as such don't get responses from the TuneECU reps. Perhaps that's where the customer support rep comes from.

Unless someone out there has a TuneECU map for the supercharged engine - you could manually copy table values over from the Tuneboy map to create the TuneECU version. Tedious job but this is what I did for the Carpenter 240 map.
Or you could load a "stock" TuneECU map and a local tuner can tune the bike with trims in PCV and ignition module, then import the trims into the TuneECU map creating a custom TuneECU map for the supercharged engine.

Another option is find a tuner who will work with TuneECU and pay them millions to develop the TuneECU map with your supercharged bike.
Ah right I see thanks

I was hoping that the Tuneboy .dat is just what it uses to store the map to load into the Tuneboy program itself. Then what it sends into the Keihin is generic settings that the ECU understands and could then be read by tuneECU.

However researching tuneboy, you can switch maps by using a sequence of ignition on and pulling clutch lever 5 time (using that clutch sensor switch), so what is sent down into the ECU is a whole lot of code specific to Tuneboy. The thing is that I had to 'research' tuneboy on lots of forums as the descriptions of it and what it does are not very informative on their website at all. You have option to buy the lead and software for $399 AUD and tuneEdit key for $199. I thought you needed to buy both items then I read on another forum that the 'package' for $399 comes with one key. Tuneboys own website doesn't tell you this at all. Really poor explanation of it. Just got me thinking that's a lot of money for a tuning bit of software where the website alone makes me think it's really amateur.

There is a tuner near me who works with TuneECU. Expert Dyno for Custom Fuel Set-ups | Steve Jordan Motorcycles
He's the guy who originally tuned my bike which then @John Miller then refined nicely.

I like tuneECU and I like even more that it's free for Windows but I use the Android version on my phone as it's easier. I work on the map on the PC then send the map to my phone and download it with the Android version.

I've sent @RICHARD ALBANS a message to understand more about what I need for his Supercharger. I can download Tuneboy from their website but I wonder do I need their blue lead or can I use the cable I have to use TuneECU. In which case I would only need the (key) for my bike so the $199 option. Clear as mud as they say.

It really depends on what version tune boy it is. Tune ecu will copy the V3.99 and I believe the V4 . But 9f ots the newer tune boy it won't amd tune ecu will tell you that as soon as you plug into it. Tune boy made their change because they were getting hungry. As soon as they found out people could just read and copy the security protocols were implemented.

Back