OPONEO TYRES say on their site that they have 4 in stock Captain Jack.

That's some crazy limitations for a tire that's OEM for another bike. Are the M109Rs rare across the pond? Or is it that they're too popular?
It does seem crazy, maybe it's just a temp. poor situation & normally readily available. All I know is that I need tyres now & the Bridgestone isn't available.

It's the C109 not the M109 but the fact the tyre is OEM for only 1 bike is perhaps the problem. The C109 is not hugely popular and I guess supply was planned to match demand For that bike alone. With so many Rockets now using it I'd say that they're running low everywhere. Can't get one down here either at the moment. At our shop over the last few years we must have have fitted at least 20 to Rockets, including maybe 3 or 4 to mine, and only one to a Boulevard. Will take some time to catch up.

It's the C109 not the M109 but the fact the tyre is OEM for only 1 bike is perhaps the problem. The C109 is not hugely popular and I guess supply was planned to match demand For that bike alone. With so many Rockets now using it I'd say that they're running low everywhere. Can't get one down here either at the moment. At our shop over the last few years we must have have fitted at least 20 to Rockets, including maybe 3 or 4 to mine, and only one to a Boulevard. Will take some time to catch up.

Ah, that makes more sense.

The Boulevard riders have probably all moved to the DS @CanberraR3. :evil: :laugh:

Actually they tend to move to Metzler. Go figure. The Boulevard engine enjoys the lower profile whereas the Rocket thrives on the taller rear. Never seen a C109 with a car tyre on although I'm sure they have their share of people who can't afford proper tyres too.

Actually they tend to move to Metzler. Go figure. The Boulevard engine enjoys the lower profile whereas the Rocket thrives on the taller rear. Never seen a C109 with a car tyre on although I'm sure they have their share of people who can't afford proper tyres too.

Hey CanberraR3,

I've never seen one on a Boulevard either.

It's not only the affordability of the 'Dark Side' that appeals to riders, some seem to favour the fat flat appearance. But for me Mate? I just cannot comprehend why anyone would want a car tyre on a motorbike and ......... to put it on an enormous bike like a Rocket, well the mind boggles.

Hey CanberraR3,

I've never seen one on a Boulevard either.

It's not only the affordability of the 'Dark Side' that appeals to riders, some seem to favour the fat flat appearance. But for me Mate? I just cannot comprehend why anyone would want a car tyre on a motorbike and ......... to put it on an enormous bike like a Rocket, well the mind boggles.

Yep, people say they put them on for all sorts of reasons......... ;)

New Avons fitted front & rear. This is the first time since I rode the bike out from the dealers 51/2 yr's ago that it's had new tyres front & rear, what a difference it makes, seems to handle a lot smoother. I admit the front was really bad so that probably made a big difference but I've had that before & the new tyre was better but this with 2 new ones is unbelievably better.

Back