captain jack

Turbocharged
Well the time has come for new skins on the beast & I was up for the front Avon with rear Excedra max. Dealer phones me back to say that Bridgestone have dropped it & no longer produce a rear skin for our rockets. I've checked Avon web site & sure enough there is no Ex. max listed. Back to the Avons then, but if I can get the Metz's cheaper I'll go with them.

There's never been an Exedra Max for the Rocket per se. The one we're using is OEM on the Suzuki Boulevarde C109. Metz and Avon are 240/50; the B/stone is 240/55. Don't be put off but someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

And just to be clear, the Exedra Max is a Bridgestone, not an Avon.

There's never been an Exedra Max for the Rocket per se. The one we're using is OEM on the Suzuki Boulevarde C109. Metz and Avon are 240/50; the B/stone is 240/55. Don't be put off but someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

I took off the rear wheel yesterday to have the Riken Raptor replaced after over three years of wear only to be told that Riken went out of business and that they have NONE in stock.

Exactly what you want is a Bridgestone Exedra Max marked: 240/55R16 M/C 86V
i just bought one this week and it is the least expensive of the three choices which is a bonus. It will be paired with an Avon Cobra up front.

Sorry I knew that my mistake. I also know that the Excedra is 55 profile instead of 50 as standard. Doesn't alter the fact though that he can't get one. Also the place I am dealing with is probably the most knowledgeable bloke in my area at least, he is THE performance engineer in the area. Of course he could have been told a load of xxxx by his supplier. Not to worry I've been happy with my Avons for some years now, time yet to find out exactly what's going on, for now I've ordered Avons front & rear. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Exactly what you want is a Bridgestone Exedra Max marked: 240/55R16 M/C 86V
i just bought one this week and it is the least expensive of the three choices which is a bonus. It will be paired with an Avon Cobra up front.
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new set of skins for my Rocket as well.
Could you please share your experience with the Exedra Max tires?

How do they compare to the either the ME880's or the Avon's? I thought they were my only choice until I read this thread, guess I'll also look for other tires in the 240/55/16 range to see what's out there.
I calculate a 3.9% increase in diameter, which isn't bad and can easy be adjusted for using TuneECU but I am wondering about performance, longevity, handling, etc...

Thanks,
Falcon

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new set of skins for my Rocket as well.
Could you please share your experience with the Exedra Max tires?

How do they compare to the either the ME880's or the Avon's? I thought they were my only choice until I read this thread, guess I'll also look for other tires in the 240/55/16 range to see what's out there.
I calculate a 3.9% increase in diameter, which isn't bad and can easy be adjusted for using TuneECU but I am wondering about performance, longevity, handling, etc...

Thanks,
Falcon
A search should reveal a ton of info on this.

@FalconR3CT

The Excedra has a very noticeable change on the bike's behavior. My experience has been that the bike is much more willing to go into a lean, and requires a great deal less counter steer to hold a line. It's been a great improvement over the Metz for me (Still have a metz up front). I also see that others much prefer it in wet conditions than the Metz though I haven't tested it myself yet..

Also a couple of adopters have pointed out that with the larger sidewall they've had problems with rubbing the wires for the brake light when two up or otherwise loaded so keep that in mind. Which reminds me that I need to double check mine now that I've had it on for a few hundred miles.

Last edited:
Back