Avon rear vs Bridgestone rear

patrol21

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3 RAMAIR Intake Full Jardine Exhaust Cor
As a huge lover of great butts, the Rocket has an a$$ like an onion and brings a tear to my eyes.....butt, now to the point, I have run Metz, Avons, and decided to give the Bridgestone a run....still have a good front cobra on front

Plus

1} Price + 50 or so less
2) Tread pattern is thicker
3) Tire is slightly higher and combined with progressives in back bikes overall posture is higher and I'm dragging pegs quite a bit less
4) Longer life...time will tell...I'm averaging 9500 miles off the Avons rear.

Minus- this is just a slight negative. The overall shape of the tire is slightly flatter than the Avons. When rolling into a hard turn I have noticed you need to work the bike slightly harder to hard bank. It's very minor. I have a chapter ride this weekend (BACA) and its long distance and weather is 100 percent rain Saturday and Sunday. Guess I will see how its footing is at speeds and bite on wet roads.

Minus- this is just a slight negative. The overall shape of the tire is slightly flatter than the Avons. When rolling into a hard turn I have noticed you need to work the bike slightly harder to hard bank. It's very minor.

Noticed the same going from Avon 180 to 200 rear. After the first hour or two I forgot all about it. I had previously noticed quicker turn in going from 150 to 140 front, probably canceled each other out in the end. Next set will be 150 and 180, stock sizes.

Honestly they’re both great the Emax and the AV71, different, it both quite good in their own ways.

Back