Blew a coolant line

Question. Is this a common problem with modified bikes or have people had this problem with stock bikes. The last thing I would want to experience is a blown hose while riding home late at night or early morning. At 20,000 miles I am wondering if the upgrade to the samco kit may not be a bad idea.

I am surprised the newer bikes are losing the hose. You kind of have to expect it with older bikes. With mine being 10 years old, I was expecting something like this to happen at some point soon. I actually should have changed them last winter when I did a full service and valve adjust, but .... I was to cheap to outlay the money for something that wasn't broke. I knew better. I'm very glad it didn't happen while on the RAA XI road trip. If your hoses are 8 to 10 years old, change them.

changed mine before they blew up upon inspection one day noticed they were getting soft and spongy and swelling up while hot silicon hoses were pain to replace but well worth it compared to the worry they were 9 yrs old

I replaced mine this morning. the outlet hose was gettin' pretty fat! The upper part should not be any bigger than the upper part of the inlet hose. It reminded me of a plumper hot dog. LOL:roll::roll:

@sonny Mine also blew with no warning, low miles, under 2 years old, intake/exhaust/tune for mods. I don't think there's any reason to think its a modded vs stock issue, just ****e quality hoses being used.

@sonny Mine also blew with no warning, low miles, under 2 years old, intake/exhaust/tune for mods. I don't think there's any reason to think its a modded vs stock issue, just ****e quality hoses being used.
Just added this to my check list on the 20,000 mile tune up. Thanks for the info. ;);););););)

Back