Blew a coolant line

alpental

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
Nothing like the feel of hot coolant on your leg in the morning! Bike is 20 months old with 18,000 miles. :mad: I should've ordered that Samco hose kit back when everyone was talking about it a month or two ago!

20161020_091800.jpg

I feel your pain, mine blew a few months back. If its the front one its a 10 minute fix, the one behind it is a little tougher.

did a hose rupture or did it leak from under a hose clamp?

hope the dealer doesn't claim your exhaust voids your warranty

did a hose rupture or did it leak from under a hose clamp?

hope the dealer doesn't claim your exhaust voids your warranty
Looks like either under a hose clamp or the radiator cap (which the dealer just replaced under warranty a few weeks ago!). We'll see after they pressure test it. The water pump outlet hose ruptured.

This dealer is pretty cool about the mods I've done. The exhaust won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Finally heard back from the dealer. The water pump outlet hose burst, #8 in the diagram below, Triumph p/n T2105115. Looks like I'll be without the bike most of next week when I had a ton of rides planned with a friend visiting town... :mad: Any suggestions to get this done quicker? Can I just cut to length a generic coolant hose of the same diameter?

Hi

Looking at the parts diagram its just a straight pipe, so it shouldn't be difficult to find a silicone hose that will do the job.

The exact moment mine blew. Replaced it and blew that one too. Still unsure why, but the latest one is all good. Should have got the 'Silicon ' ? ones fitted when i put the engine together after the serious mods were done

Back