Bigger is Better

That's interesting Warp. I initially thought the covers were restrictive and then I thought they weren't. Might have to try again without them.....

I would say it retricts them no matter what but does add to water repelling. Wayne said the tall ones had the added bonus of a built in velocity stack with the extreme tops for mor filtered area. Maybe 10% is a little bit large of a guess it also depends on the filter, I can see thru my filter media from the inside out. I think the original K&N I had was more restrictive in the media alone.

I would say it restricts them no matter what but does add to water repelling. Wayne said the tall ones had the added bonus of a built in velocity stack with the extreme tops for more filtered area. Maybe 10% is a little bit large of a guess it also depends on the filter, I can see thru my filter media from the inside out. I think the original K&N I had was more restrictive in the media alone.
these are fairly see thru:D oh and thanks for the Compliment Warpe means a lot to me that so many guys do actually like it, I wasn't worried because at the end of the Day It was What I wanted but it chuff's me that so many like it, Thank to All commenter's if any body is contemplating doing something along the lines let me know and I will take a photo as to how the top strap work to hold them all in place securely

Hanso that looks great. Do you know the exact dimensions of your filters? WOuld be great to know.

Also brother, looks great but when are you going to paint the black over that hideous red undercoat? Will look great finished properly. :D

Well apart from waiting for the Shirts, Shocks and now also a 1.8Kw Starter mottor, then I Save Up For .............................

September................................

And then Really save up for a trip to SA to see a man about and extra 100HP...... Well thats the plan anyway:rolleyes:

now that glued beading stuff is awesome. can you direct me to where you found it. id love it in black.

let me know when your coming to melbourne so i can book you in to do some bits on my baby....oh and you can leave your red paint can at home...i'll keep her black.:)

Hanso that looks great. Do you know the exact dimensions of your filters? Would be great to know.
4 inches across the top and bottom and 5 inch from the very bottom of flange to top 4.75 inch of filter top to bottom
Also brother, looks great but when are you going to paint the black over that hideous red undercoat? Will look great finished properly. :D

now that glued beading stuff is awesome. can you direct me to where you found it. id love it in black.

let me know when your coming to Melbourne so i can book you in to do some bits on my baby....oh and you can leave your red paint can at home...i'll keep her black.:)
The beading took me a little while to find but I found it on E-bay, it was actually Mitch that told me ages ago where to find it but not sure if they have it in non colours. Which leads me to the last comment "I only Paint Colours" black is nice to give accents and it is good as an heat dispersant colour on the motor but that is that!!

For those interested in putting on the Larger Filters here is what is keeping them on as a saftey measure K&N suggest you put a brace on them hence the decorative strap across the top and it also act to hide the strap that keeps them safe

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 266
Back