Bigger is Better

Hey Hanso, no nuts or washers gonna fall into the intake?
Nyloc Nuts are are All Ever I Use
Looks good, neat job. It will prevent the pods getting dislodged and bouncing down the road like on my bro's bike!
Yeah because of the size of the Filters K&N have already put 6mm holes in in the end which they put rubber stoppers in which would easily pop out with a good backfire I reckon, any way they recommend so rather than fit 3 ugly braces I decided on a 32 x 2mm strap across the top tyeing the three together and under the center one out of view there is a stainless Steel worm drive hose clamp that has been cut and bent to form an L which one end is secured to the center filter and the other end fixed to a covenant bracket at the base of the injector left behind when original plentium was removed there is actually another behind the first injector which I will put a second worm drive adjustable l bracket if I find the filters start to move around but I doubt it will be necessary

I have three K&N stickers that are waiting for a home. Looking for some chrome caps for the filters so I can stick them on top...

PS......Can you catch dyslexia? it took me three attempts to type this :confused:
Dyslexia funny thing that I am always writing numbers down back wards and wonder about my sanity but I found that if I am worried about spelling I use the Spell check which while it is not readily available on the forums is an easy down load and works of the right click button

well,
lets see the plan "A" that didn't turn out.
I may like it, the K&N top-holder-oner is for sure different,
and I do like that.
Also like your little oil bag, sticker, plaque, whatever it is.
That, I like a lot.
Good job mate.

well,
lets see the plan "A" that didn't turn out.
I may like it, the K&N top-holder-oner is for sure different,
and I do like that.
Also like your little oil bag, sticker, plaque, whatever it is.
That, I like a lot.
Good job mate.
PLan A is hidden on the other side of the Aluminium strap I had the guy attempt to engrave the logo and 140 cubic inch into it but we could not get it deep enought the original idea was to polish ish up the strap and infill the engraving with Hermatage Red (the closest model paint color) and then clear coat the lot hense a polished strap with our logo and 140 cubic inch in red. When that was not going to work he did it in the black plaque which he thought might look good on the strap but it was just not going to work for me being Black an all plus it looked tacky so Plan B came into being, I am currently busy adding a bit more red to that side elsewhere pictures still to come:D

I like it a lot Hanso. Have never really been a fan of big filters but the way you've done this this looks really good. Trust Skip to like it because it's "different" ;).

I like it a lot Hanso. Have never really been a fan of big filters but the way you've done this this looks really good. Trust Skip to like it because it's "different" ;).
the left side of the bike was understated even when It Was all Standard, then along came the Headers and the left side looked like it was just along for the ride now It is making its Own Statement.. Yup wait till you see the next picture it will look more complete

Agreed he did a good job getting the claw to suit the filters and the bike and the plaque and strap are a nice touch :cool:
Well done hanso looks great and best of all its original :cool:

Trust Skip to like it because it's "different" ;).

Now Richard,
not ALL modifications from OEM to "different" are necessarily favorable to me.
Just the ones that are nice looking, or have the potential to be.
I'm just not a fan of bolt on store bought accessories like everybody else has.
Guess riding harleys for so many years, and seeing tons of bikes all alike,
with the only difference being paint, that "same ole same ole"
has led to me wanting to Go My Own Way..;)

Thanks Guys For the Compliments, but as I have heard you say before about your bike Skip it is a work in progress, just finishing of another little change and post pictures tomorrow:rolleyes::eek::confused::D:cool:
Also as you and other's have said it's different/original or as I like to sy "It's My Idea It Is What I Want" and If others approve.... Great!......... if not Tough Titties!! I don't care as long as it is what I wanted it to look like, I guess I share that same principle I don't want it to look like every other Rocket out there! It may never be a Show bike but then I am not trying to make one either... It Just has to be MY Bike... My baby:)

Thanks Guys For the Compliments, but as I have heard you say before about your bike Skip it is a work in progress, just finishing of another little change and post pictures tomorrow:rolleyes::eek::confused::D:cool:
Also as you and other's have said it's different/original or as I like to sy "It's My Idea It Is What I Want" and If others approve.... Great!......... if not Tough Titties!! I don't care as long as it is what I wanted it to look like, I guess I share that same principle I don't want it to look like every other Rocket out there! It may never be a Show bike but then I am not trying to make one either... It Just has to be MY Bike... My baby:)

Yep i hear ya thats why i hate the fact that everyman and his dog copied my claw cut :( i even helped one bloke do his but hey i have copied ideas from others so i cant complain i guess. My cut was very origional for 5 mins everyone else was cutting against the line of the bike"ugly as hell i thought" or cutting the whole section out"liked it but wanted my own spin on things . but i take pride in inventing that cut atleast:D

Back