Bigger is Better

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
001sm.jpg
002sm.jpg
003sm.jpg
While I was happy enought with the K&N 2780's performance I thought they looked to Small and I want something Bigger Then a little while back I remember Wayne Tripp mentioning these Bigger K&N's they are the RX-4040 and they are twice as big but at least look like they belong on the Rocket and will Alow better breathing for my Future Engine Mod's and apart from having to cut heaps more of the claw I also found a nice Stainless bottle for my radiator overflow seeing as It had to go, Condemm it or love it I don't care cos I love it, makes the other wise very bland left side come alive now I just want to get covers in Red or Yellow and I will be happy as a pig in mud:D

Last edited:
Looks good Hanso shame about the red cap on the catch can something in a nice shade of black might look faster. I think I like Binnsy's bear claw the most but I doubt if it would be possible with the bigger filters.

Looks good Hanso shame about the red cap on the catch can something in a nice shade of black might look faster. I think I like Binnsy's bear claw the most but I doubt if it would be possible with the bigger filters.
I thought my annodised alloy red cap just added to the excellent paint on the bike, the bear claw is really only there as achrome trim to hide the bottom of the tank, a chrome edge trim will be added to the tank and the claw, at least I wont need to undo the claw when lifting the tank.
then all I need is source for either red or yellow filter covers perferibly with K&N printed on them:cool:

Mine are pretty big, 3" top Dia. , 4" bottom Dia. and 5" long... I think the taper helped me keep a lot of the claw intact, Also mine are 10 degrees offset which allowed me to tilt them forward a bit.

Just windin ya up. Mabey some black covers?
Don't laught it's seems it is the only colour available might have to get some sewing lessons a buy a flouro work shirt and make my own the new fabric they make the shirt out of breathes really good add some water repellant spray, job done
Mine are pretty big, 3" top Dia. , 4" bottom Dia. and 5" long... I think the taper helped me keep a lot of the claw intact, Also mine are 10 degrees offset which allowed me to tilt them forward a bit.
yeah mine are Bigger!!!!!
these are 4"round top and bottom and 5 inch long, I have longish legs not realy a problem :cool:

Much easier to see on here than on my phone. Nice work, especially on the claw. I like the look of those filters. Even the overflow bottle looks good. Now all you need is to get that Bridgestone on the back and she'll look amazing.

Looks good mate
Ive always had the idea lingering in my head about bigger filters because of stephen at powerhouse dyno tuning saying he may have got a little more with bigger filters :cool:

Back