Bad Voltage Regulator ...OR?

Installed mine here.
IMG_6003.JPG
IMG_6004.JPG
So did you just plug the small hoses that went to the canister and let the big one drain out the bottom?

We do not have the fuel vapor canister on Aussie models. Some of us have just used plastic cable ties and zip-locked it to the rear frame downtube and relay bracket. Check out threads I posted earlier and search similar (there are 5 related threads shown at the bottom of every thread on the forums, or use the search function with the product name or code etc) for how others located them.

We do not have the fuel vapor canister on Aussie models. Some of us have just used plastic cable ties and zip-locked it to the rear frame downtube and relay bracket. Check out threads I posted earlier and search similar (there are 5 related threads shown at the bottom of every thread on the forums, or use the search function with the product name or code etc) for how others located them.
Oh Californian thing.....

been chatting with Ken seems I dont have to worry with the Explorer!! I know I have a Alternator similar (in size too) to what is used in cars and R/R is built in to it

Received the R/R today and got it installed, big thanks to @Mittzy and @Joesmoe for the pics, and to @DEcosse and everyone else!!
Decided to do it Mittzy style, I didn't like the way it wiggled around with zip ties.
Voltage is at 14.61 at idle and 14.82 at 5k rpm

IMG_4574[1].JPG IMG_4576[1].JPG
Nice....

And @DEcosse , I'm still looking for that harness extender from you that will allow restoring the SH847 to the location of the original. :)

(I moved this quote from another thread, more appropriate here)

I'm confused by this @Joesmoe - the issue of installing in the OEM location has nothing to do with the harness, it's because of the physical size of the SH847 vs the FH012
Why would you need an extender harness if you could install it in the OEM location?

Back