pfrmfr

Standard Bore
after 7 weeks abroad came back home yesterday did not take many pictures as I thought I could nor kept a journal .. too many snags , problems and health issues during the whole vacation kept me from enjoying the trip . however it is all now in the past .
considering selling the bike this winter along with the trailer. we shall see how I feel this winter

Welcome Back! ...now rest up... so in the near future you can ride easy... :ninja:
-MIG

after 7 weeks abroad came back home yesterday did not take many pictures as I thought I could nor kept a journal .. too many snags , problems and health issues during the whole vacation kept me from enjoying the trip . however it is all now in the past .
considering selling the bike this winter along with the trailer. we shall see how I feel this winter

Hope you’re feeling better . Do you mean you also had issues with your bike , is this why you’re selling it?

Having health issues on an extended vacation is just about as bad as it gets. Welcome home and I, and I'm sure all of us, hope you can resolve the health issues.

Hope you’re feeling better . Do you mean you also had issues with your bike , is this why you’re selling it?
no bike is fine .. I lost my suitcase and the laptop when I hit a giant pothole so I am still trying to get some stuff back on the laptop ....rather frustrating . back home now and trying to recover some stuff from the laptop .

in europe some of the street in small villages were so difficult that I found it hard to handle the bike in some streets with bumps to slow traffic and inclines of up to 40 degrees that is when this heavy bike is so hard to handle , also got new rear shocks after my pothole encounter never saw it muddy water was running across the mountain road the hole was 11 inches deep terrifying experience !! i also lost starter when the contact from the handlebar went dead in grenoble . and extremely hot weather everywhere ..

Hello Pfrmfr,
glad you got home safe, you can always replace things you own (although rebuilding the Laptop can be a pain:mad:).
Yes those sleeping policemen are a pain, I generally roll off the throttle before hitting the front edge of one which helps settle the bike and offsets the throttle blip when dropping off the back edge.:cautious:
You have been over here during some strange weather for us - I have not known it this warm for a while on this side of the pond. If you ride ATGATT it can be a pain - more speed helps cool you down;)
I live in Derbyshire with many hills and steep inclines - and understand that you do feel the weight much more in these conditions:oops:

Don't make any quick decisions just yet - do some rides back home and caulk it down to experience - not all rides aboard will be like this.;) :cautious:

Speed bumps/sleeping cops as you approach give the throttle a wee blimp to lighten the front end sometimes helps a little but yes they are a pain in the arse.
Also plan out your route as that will help you decide which type of bike to use, the Rocket is a big heavy beast and not designed for narrow streets and tight corners.

Back