At Dealer Yesterday...

That's just the thing ain't it ? If they made a rocket engined bobber with man sized wheels I would definitely want one ! :rolleyes:
Just saw this in the media link on the sidebar of the forum. :thumbsup:
full

Problem is the bike is not to small it is the guys and girls with rather large or extended waistlines who think the bike is small,guys with Greek bodies like me do not have a problem with it, now if you go to the other extreme and take Scott(warp9.9) now that boy makes a Honda Rebel look huge.:D
I wanted to know what a Greek man on a motorcycle looked like so I could better understand your reference: I found this on Google:
Greekmonmc.jpg

So Yesterday was in Madrid ( I hate being in cities but we use a specific optician and I needed some glasses) and made a stop at the Main Triumph dealer. The old dealer was useless but these guys ran shops in other cities and have improved things (other dealers tell me this). Triumph Exclusive - active 3 years. If they can afford the showroom space they have - they are selling bikes. Serious Prime real estate.

One of the guys saw the Guzzi as I pulled up and came out for a smoke and a chat. Mature proper bike riding fella in his 40s - not a suit and not in colors. Did not try to sell me a bike at all once I said - "social visit" - that is called confidence.

The R3 is not being offered to them by Triumph - it does not and will not pass Euro4. As far as they are concerned for all future sales planning- It's dead.
Asked about the "new R3" and his comment was - it's currently just rumor and if it actually becomes more than that it will be seriously emissions controlled and tamper-proofed.
From what he's heard mfrs are also being asked to make bikes/cars "piggyback proof" too. I will try and pursue this via Anesdor – Asociación Nacional de Empresas del Sector Dos Ruedas where I have a good private contact - the boards private secretary. Don't shoot the messenger.

The Thunderbird passed Euro4 and so is available and they are told will be for the foreseeable future.

But he pointed out that they sell more smaller bikes a week that they get inquiries about for Thunderbirds/Rockets in a quarter and the trend is absolutely to the smaller bikes.

Back