At Dealer Yesterday...

Locked ECU's are one thing...but piggyback proofing would be anathema in the States! It would behoove the manufacturers, if they are going to do that to give us the rip snortingest bikes they can give so we don't NEED to piggyback the electricals to get what we would otherwise want out of their bikes!

Locked ECU's are one thing...but piggyback proofing would be anathema in the States! It would behoove the manufacturers, if they are going to do that to give us the rip snortingest bikes they can give so we don't NEED to piggyback the electricals to get what we would otherwise want out of their bikes!

I can guess that in the near future all vehicles with internal combustion engines will be anathematized with tamper proof engine control units (ECUs) relegating our beloved modified global warmers to the ranks of all the other nobbled vehicles that are compliant with strict Environment Protection Agencies legislations ,

I can guess that in the near future all vehicles with internal combustion engines will be anathematized with tamper proof engine control units (ECUs) relegating our beloved modified global warmers to the ranks of all the other nobbled vehicles that are compliant with strict Environment Protection Agencies legislations ,
I watched a VERY good documentary yesterday about the future of driver-less cars. Nicely balanced. Thought about what you'll do when ALL vehicles are electric? - And that is (I believe) closer than I would like to be true.
Locked ECU's are one thing...but piggyback proofing would be anathema in the States!
To whom? - bet LOTS of road users frankly don't care.

I wanted to know what a Greek man on a motorcycle looked like so I could better understand your reference: I found this on Google:
Greekmonmc.jpg

There's actually a bit of a story behind that shoot:
Ducati 1199 MANigale Parody Shoot – Moto Lady

It also gets much worse:
Photos: seDUCATIve vs. MANigale - Asphalt & Rubber

I watched a VERY good documentary yesterday about the future of driver-less cars. Nicely balanced. Thought about what you'll do when ALL vehicles are electric? - And that is (I believe) closer than I would like to be true.
To whom? - bet LOTS of road users frankly don't care.

Electric is just another form of fuel, if it has the range we enjoy with internal combustion, and charges up in no more time than it takes to dispense some wonderful dinosaur juice, then it's nothing to think about. But, only a Tesla to date has an appreciable range, but still needs all day for a full charge. And a serious income to afford.

And in hurling anathemas I say there is much which Europeans and others will accept in the way of repression, but Americans don't roll over and die so easily, and very little in the way of locking, proofing, or otherwise will escape our will to modify to our heart's content. In fact the techniques needed to undo these locks may emanate from freedom fighters in those repressed countries....but we'll happily use what they discover.

Back