Another Rocket in Michigan

TonyMac

Supercharged
Hi folks,

Got myself a new 2006 Cherry/White Classic last week............more or less just in time for Winter to return to Michigan, its currently 28degF!

I live in Howell, MI (more or less midway between Detroit and Lansing)

I used to have a Valkyrie which was a blast, considered getting another one but didn't want to dwell in the past hence me going out and getting a RIII.

Even though I'm taking it easy during the break in period and the Valk is a hard act to follow, I am very impressed with the RIII handling and performance.

I enjoy this forum, and hope I get to hook up with some of you sometime soon.

:bch:

Hey Michigan

Welcome TonyMac. You will soon get Pastor Freaked and Flipped off cause those boys live in your neck of the woods. But before they start laying it on I just wanted to say welcome and urge you to be active. We have a ton of people in this Forum, but a limited number who actually participate. Have some fun and congrats on your Rocket.:bch:

Welcome TMac, I'm certain that once the break-in period is over, and you can do the "twist", you'll really enjoy the full potential of the Rocket. Just hang on that first few times you "grab a hand full" if throttle, it'll run right out from under you if you aren't fully prepaired for the response. Quit sending all that cold, windy weather down here to Missouri, we want to get out & ride.

See ya.

Hi TonyMac, I can see that you are a man of impeccable taste with your choice of the colors that you choose;) Welcome to the Rocket club, the six pack of grin muscles that will develope on your face are perfectly normal for Rocket owners:)

Greeting from cold Missouri TonyMac.
Congrats on your Rocket purchase. I almost got a used Valk but opted for the Rocket based mainly on handling and the fact it behalves so well at low speeds. The hp vs torque models didn't hurt either.:)

Radio just said we will get down to 17f tonight which will break a local record by several degrees. I imagine you will be lower. Why isn't global warming kickin' in......:rolleyes:

Please consider starting your own Photo Album when you want,....a picture is worth a thousand words.:D

Hey TonyMac!!

It seems like Michigan is going to be a big Rocket state. When I was a kid ( 1864 or so) I lived in Reed City (by Big Rapids) so there ya go :D....

Jump in... Have fun!!!

Welcome TonyMac:

You don't have to watch out for me so long as you don't say anything stooopid. It's all in fun though. Last summer I went to a big Norton Owners shindig outside Howell but I took my T100 and sidecar. You know that vertical twin riders are way too intimidated by multi's. I've always been a Norton fan. My brother-in-law Bart lives in Haslett and I'm down south of Dundee, just 3 miles from Cabellas. That's about far enough to avoid the pull the store exerts on my Master card. I've got a Red-Cream Classic and Bart has a Red Standard. Pastor Freak, commonly referred to as PF around here resides in Kazoo and hangs around Life Cycle where, I presume he sweeps the floor in exchange for being allowed to caress various Triumphs. Finally, Gunshots lives near Gun Lake, just south of Grand Rapids on 31?. He's another Life Cycle patron. I bought mine at the ill fated North Coast Triumph down south of Toledo, Ohio though my T100 did come from Life Cycle too. Being in Howell, I'd say yours came from Detroit Triumph, but Kazoo isn't out of the running and neither is Traverse City, but Traverse is a pretty long ride in the cold.

If you got the bike in Detroit, Henry Gerst and crew are pretty good friends of mine. I've been on a few jaunts with them, but with the Bonnie. The R3 is way too fast company for those old farts which brings me to a point. I believe that you'll find that your R3 will not only handle better than the Valk, it'll run away from it in terms of acceleration too.

Welcome aboard, have fun and post often. Seems as though I carry this end of the country on this forum, much to the disdain of a select few.:D

Tomo:

Few more members and we'll need a Michigan Riders Forum......yeah baby.:bch:

Greeting from cold Missouri TonyMac.
Congrats on your Rocket purchase. I almost got a used Valk but opted for the Rocket based mainly on handling and the fact it behalves so well at low speeds. The hp vs torque models didn't hurt either.:)

Radio just said we will get down to 17f tonight which will break a local record by several degrees. I imagine you will be lower. Why isn't global warming kickin' in......:rolleyes:

Please consider starting your own Photo Album when you want,....a picture is worth a thousand words.:D

Hondax & Tomo:

I just read your posts and I've gotta tell you that we have snow on the ground, yes SNOW. It never got above 35 today and the norm is 53. I have the cornburner going as well as the main furnace. The wind is whistling and NOAA says no let up until next Thursday......where is golbal warming???

Back