copperhog

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Hi, just came across this forum and it's a great source of info for someone who's recently purchased an R3 GT (my previous ride was a Bonneville Bobber Black). Looking forward to reading more about owners' experiences and also to pick up loads of useful tips on this beast! Hopefully at some point I'll be able to contribute to the forum too.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... Any photos of your previous and current ride? Enjoy your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... Any photos of your previous and current ride? Enjoy your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG
Thanks for the welcome MIG. I recently took the R3 GT on a tour of a little island over here (the Isle of Wight) and am loving the panniers (but not the world's smallest rear rack that accommodates almost no luggage at all!). I sold my Bonnie to a friend after four years of faithful service. I upgraded the petrol tank on it with a bespoke 18 litre version because the original 9 litre tank was too small. As you can tell from the age of the last two photos, the Suzi and Honda date back to the late 1970s and early 1980s (don't laugh too much at the flairs on the trousers). I had a break of 38 years from biking until I laid eyes on the Bobber and decided there and then that I had to have it. As for the Rocket, well I've never laid eyes on anything quite like it before!

Attachments

• Rocket with panniers.jpg
    Rocket with panniers.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Bobber and Rocket.jpg
    Bobber and Rocket.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Honda 750F1.jpg
    Honda 750F1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Suzuki GS750.jpg
    Suzuki GS750.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the welcome MIG. I recently took the R3 GT on a tour of a little island over here (the Isle of Wight) and am loving the panniers (but not the world's smallest rear rack that accommodates almost no luggage at all!). I sold my Bonnie to a friend after four years of faithful service. I upgraded the petrol tank on it with a bespoke 18 litre version because the original 9 litre tank was too small. As you can tell from the age of the last two photos, the Suzi and Honda date back to the late 1970s and early 1980s (don't laugh too much at the flairs on the trousers). I had a break of 38 years from biking until I laid eyes on the Bobber and decided there and then that I had to have it. As for the Rocket, well I've never laid eyes on anything quite like it before!
Welcome from south Australia, we won’t hold it against you for the flares think a lot of us have worn them 😩

Welcome from south Australia, we won’t hold it against you for the flares think a lot of us have worn them 😩
Cheers STUGT3 - I have fond memories of Adelaide and all of those grand old buildings. Roxby Downs had only just become an official town 2 years before my first visit, so you can guess how long ago that was!

Welcome from sunny North Texas. Funny I traded my 05 R3 I bought new for a 2020 Bobber Black. I've reached the age at which I prefer lighter and more nimble scooters. I will say the R3 has MUCH longer legs than the Bobber (i.e. I did an Iron Butt Qualifier on it, (which is why I also have a T-120 Black and Trophy 1200 for longer rides). Enjoy your new wheels.

Cheers atomsplitter. I really enjoyed riding the Bobber and as you say, it sits considerably lower than the Rocket which makes it a breeze to handle by comparison. My mate who bought my Bobber hasn't anywhere to keep it so I house it with the R3 in my Armadillo box.

Attachments

• Bobber & Rocket.jpg
    Bobber & Rocket.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 12
Cheers atomsplitter. I really enjoyed riding the Bobber and as you say, it sits considerably lower than the Rocket which makes it a breeze to handle by comparison. My mate who bought my Bobber hasn't anywhere to keep it so I house it with the R3 in my Armadillo box.
Look pretty good together don't they? You really need a proper garage space tho. In Texas you hear everything is bigger. I currently have parked in my garage a Lexus LS460, Nissan Titan SV, Bobber Black, Bonneville T-120 Black, Yamaha XS 1100, Yamaha RD 350, Trophy 1200 and a Handy Lift (pneumatic bike lift).

Hi, just came across this forum and it's a great source of info for someone who's recently purchased an R3 GT (my previous ride was a Bonneville Bobber Black). Looking forward to reading more about owners' experiences and also to pick up loads of useful tips on this beast! Hopefully at some point I'll be able to contribute to the forum too.
Welcome aboard from London.

Back