New Member, Interested in the Rocket 3

Pdupps

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
Hey guys! New member. A little background. My first bike was an Honda XR 80 when I was kid. Ended up with Honda Shadow 750 in my late teens, early 20s. Got it practically for free, was gave to me after giving a friend some car parts. Started working off and sold the bike right before I got married. My wife was scared of motorcycles, so didn't ride or have one for the last decade. Fast forward to earlier this year, found a great deal an 01 Magna, was leaking fuel, bought it with the intention of fixing it and flipping it. Feel in love with riding again tho lol. Finally convinced my wife to get on the back. Now she loves it lol.

My purpose for joining- Well I've always had a thing for the Rocket since they debut. I'm an old muscle car kinda guy, and the bike just seems like the motorcycle equivalent of an 70 SS 454 Chevelle to me lol. Never been on one, don't know anyone that owns one. Looking to get something a little more comfortable for 2 people on long rides. Right now I have brothers 2010 Harley Street Glide. I don't think that's going to be bike for us though. It's nice but the ride is rough on my wife. I've made all kinda of adjustments on the air shocks, and I've gotten it better, but the wife still doesn't like it. She refuses to right it on it now lol. She likes the ride on the Magna 🤷. I know that's crazy lol. But my question to yall is how is the ride on the rocket? Any of you have any consistent back seat riders? Is there any major differences in the ride between the touring model? Any feedback on the bike would be appreciated. If I buy one I will be looking for probably a 10yr old one.

Welcome. Good choice on thinking about a Rocket. I have owned the standard (Roadster) and now own a Touring. Hands down the Touring is a more comfortable ride, especially for the passenger. The Roadster can be more passenger friendly with an aftermarket seat and backrest. Both have the same engine with different tunes. The Roadster for Horse power and the Touring for torque. The Touring feels heavier than the Roadster but I feel handles better due to the narrower rear tire. Either bike will provide ear to ear grins. Good luck on your choice.

Got two myself, son in law wrecked the exwifes Rocket, he lived but the only thing salvagable on the Rocket is the motor and rear driveline.
Frame broke in 4 places, frontend in 2. He was lucky to live through it, but it was a red one so it was kinda slow anyway.
Want to buy a motor and bould your own I've got a good motor to start with, 30,000 miles on it and it's a '07 model.
Frames were $500 last time I looked on ebay.

Got two myself, son in law wrecked the exwifes Rocket, he lived but the only thing salvagable on the Rocket is the motor and rear driveline.
Frame broke in 4 places, frontend in 2. He was lucky to live through it, but it was a red one so it was kinda slow anyway.
Want to buy a motor and bould your own I've got a good motor to start with, 30,000 miles on it and it's a '07 model.
Frames were $500 last time I looked on ebay.
Sounds like your son in law had a really rough ride. Glad he made it through it. Hope he is healing up well!
Thats an interesting proposition on building my own. Frames don't look bad on ebay at all. I just don't think I'm ready to dig in that much on a bike just yet. I'm still kinda new to wrenching on bikes.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... I have a 2014 R3 Touring with a long haul seat and my wife is pretty comfy when we ride two up. Note, this isn't too often as she rides a Fat Boy. You'll find once rolling she handles very well. Just make sure you're good at keeping the handlebars square at at stop. At two up you're looking at over 1150 lbs. Keep us posted!
-MIG

got a mostly stock 2012 roadster w/ 20k miles;tors; tune; very good tires; brand new battery that i will part with for a very reasonable price if u r interested... pm me a number if u want pics...

Not sure If I can pm just yet. Went I tried it said error. Said I had to add webmaster to the conversation. Then I read that PMs are limited to new users until they hit 10 posts.

Back