Another Valkyrie to Rocketman

Neildr

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Rocket Touring
Just starting my third summer with my 2015 Rocket. Bought it used (first time ever my main ride was bought used) and had it shipped from Carlsbad California to it's new happy home in the Pocono mountains of northeast Pennsylvania. A bit of a stressful process but overall not to painful. Anyway, my name is Neil and i look forward to chatting with some of you soon. I do have to go out for a ride now but before i do i'm going to ask one question that i hope will be answered later when i return. I would like to add a gps to my bike, any thoughts on gps models and wiring would be greatly appreciated. thanx!

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... Any photos?
-MIG

I installed a Garmin Zumo 660 GPS years ago (discontinued now) and have been relatively happy with it. The biggest complaint was that the screen was hard to see in bright sunlight. Garmin and Tom Tom both make motorcycle specific GPS systems which can be hooked up to the battery for power or the fuse panel. There are a number of the newer cell phones that are water resistant/proof that would serve as a GPS too.

Oh, welcome to the site. Make yourself at home... take your shoes off... we're a friendly group, slightly insane but friendly. :)

Welcome to the forum. My 2014 Roadster was the first and only bike I ever bought used. I had it out today and man is that a strong bike.

Welcome from blisteringly hot North Texas. If you want the ideal setup use your smart phone connected by Blue Tooth to a Sena communicator. You get turn-by-turn audio in your helmet, no need to look at a screen.

Back