another cross country trip. this time broke

• Thread starter Deleted member 10105
  • Start date
man do

man, don't get me started. I went to see about a friend's mental state. turns out she was loony as a goon. it was screaming and yelling for a week, including 2 days where she paced and crawled back and forth mumbling incoherently. when she started involving me in her paranoid paranoia I had to leave. she loses things all day and started accusing me of stealing it. so it was time to go.

bad thing is she sabotaged the bike the night before I left. good thing she's not good at it, I made it all the way home no problem.
but all the way back if I turned the steering head to the right about 3/4 of the way, it would kill all the power.
I got back to the house, and went to start it again, and it's dead but good, now. I noticed that she had cut through the black wire loom coming off the key switch, so I pulled the bottom off the key switch and a wire has come off, there was a little nugget of solder in there loose. I held the wire back where it goes, but no power at all. I think she grabbed some wires with needle nose pliers or something and broke the wire inside the insulation. some of the wires had strange kinks in them. the factory wouldn't do that when creating wiring harnesses.

I wonder if triumph sells key switches? I can maybe solder it back together and do some continuity tests on the wires, but a new switch wouldn't hurt.

I feel for you brother. I had a similar experience in the 80's. I still have nightmares about an ex old 'friend' chasing me as I crept out at night and fired up my Yamaha. Like in the movies it wouldn't turn over and she's running towards me in slow motion. I took off and could see her in my rear view mirror running down the street screaming as I'm speed shifting running like the pu**y I was. She had actually hid my keys earlier and that's when I realized it's time to go.
It's nightmare stuff.:eek::eek::eek:

Well James, it is a shame you missed seeing God's Country by riding through the Panhandle of Texas in the dark. I grew up in Gray County, Pampa, TX to be specific. If you turned south from Dumas to hit I-40 in Amarillo, you missed it. But it's not too late to turn around now that the sun is coming up...
Llano Escatado

I feel for you brother. I had a similar experience in the 80's. I still have nightmares about an ex old 'friend' chasing me as I crept out at night and fired up my Yamaha. Like in the movies it wouldn't turn over and she's running towards me in slow motion. I took off and could see her in my rear view mirror running down the street screaming as I'm speed shifting running like the pu**y I was. She had actually hid my keys earlier and that's when I realized it's time to go.
It's nightmare stuff.:eek::eek::eek:

yeah, sometimes, it's just time to go.

okay so I've made it to Childress and I thought I was much closer to Fort Worth than I am.
still chilly but it's not really bothering me however I do run my hands under hot water when I come into a gas station.

glad I'm not really under any time pressure.

it's it's 5:30 a.m. next time I stop for gas it'll be daylight
BRRRRR... been there... done that... one trip I ended up "borrowing" some of the bathroom cleaners disposable rubber gloves...
-MIG

man do

man, don't get me started. I went to see about a friend's mental state. turns out she was loony as a goon. it was screaming and yelling for a week, including 2 days where she paced and crawled back and forth mumbling incoherently. when she started involving me in her paranoid paranoia I had to leave. she loses things all day and started accusing me of stealing it. so it was time to go.

bad thing is she sabotaged the bike the night before I left. good thing she's not good at it, I made it all the way home no problem.
but all the way back if I turned the steering head to the right about 3/4 of the way, it would kill all the power.
I got back to the house, and went to start it again, and it's dead but good, now. I noticed that she had cut through the black wire loom coming off the key switch, so I pulled the bottom off the key switch and a wire has come off, there was a little nugget of solder in there loose. I held the wire back where it goes, but no power at all. I think she grabbed some wires with needle nose pliers or something and broke the wire inside the insulation. some of the wires had strange kinks in them. the factory wouldn't do that when creating wiring harnesses.

I wonder if triumph sells key switches? I can maybe solder it back together and do some continuity tests on the wires, but a new switch wouldn't hurt.

WOW..WTF! Glad you're home safe brother...
-MIG

Back