As I mentioned before, I was always reading complaints about the final drive going out on the BMW R1200RT. Here it is the ignition switch on older models (with an easy rewire solution- Eastern Beaver, etc.). Any bike is going to have a weak link- somewhere.

I had the RT before the R3 and it was a fine bike, BUT it's Bud Lite, vanilla, white bread in personality and character to our Jack Daniels. Like many of the BMW riders (I never fit in) I imagine that the guys that build the Beamers probably go out for "cocktails" at the end of a hard day, while the workers at Triumph surely go to the pub. Different bikes for different folks.

I enjoyed meeting you, Sonny, at Maggie Valley. Found out we had some views in common. Can't imagine you (or me) at a Beamer rally. If so, better upgrade your riding gear!

'11 Roadster - 27,000 miles in 23 months and counting. Pouring rain, yesterday, coming home from work. Life is good.

Why not go for a Moto Guzzi California? Great looking bike, and hand made Italian craftsmanship. What could possibly go wrong?

Why not go for a Moto Guzzi California? Great looking bike, and hand made Italian craftsmanship. What could possibly go wrong?

Because the chrome will turn to rust in less than a year, bolts will come loose/fall out, will shake itself to pieces, after a few years riding sounds like a bucket of bolts getting thrown down the road, the cruise is a gumby to set and when you rev it it feels like it wants to throw itself on the pavement - but that may be considered a pleasant quirk to some...

Especially after meeting Sonny in MV I would have to say he is undoubtably the most anti-stereotypical BMW riding I have ever seen.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I'd buy the Yamaha but you keep on searching Sonny your bike is out there.

Because the chrome will turn to rust in less than a year, bolts will come loose/fall out, will shake itself to pieces, after a few years riding sounds like a bucket of bolts getting thrown down the road, the cruise is a gumby to set and when you rev it it feels like it wants to throw itself on the pavement - but that may be considered a pleasant quirk to some...
The rocket throws itself to the side when revved as well. No where to the extent of a guzzi but I like it

The

3Katz; That's what I call a motorcycle review. Dan likes his and it appears to have all of it's bolts in place.

Honda Valkyrie Bagger would be my choice if buying new. I have a 1997 as a spare and like it a lot.

aaaand I agree with BMW=snob's group. Except Anthony. He's just High Class and likes high performance. The GS rides nice Budwiser so ugly? :laugh::laugh:

if your bike is set up for ign on head light on.
then may be that when that terminal burned it might have burned/weaken another terminal in that circuit.
it may be time for u to buy a power probe.
with it u can check voltages and also apply voltage to circuits and it has a breaker circuit in case u get voltage to ground. i use mine a lot for example if a brake light is not working u can check if u have voltage or if u have a ground u can also furnish a ground or voltage to see what circuit is bad

Back