Probably will keep it and pick up a 2020 venture. Dealer in Shawnee Oklahoma is looking for one in grey. The Rocket is paid for and if the electrical systems holds will hang onto it for awhile. The bike just really pisses me off at times. ;););););)

Time to sell that Harley

Well. Have followed up on the 2020 venture and guess what? They still have issues. At 123 pounds of torque and 87 horse finding it hard to believe that the valves and springs could be a issue. Am now look at a BMW 1600 GTL. Add a few toys and the price jumps to $32,000 dollars. 60 month 0% financing. At 160 horse and 129 torque sounds good to me. BMW approved me over the phone and simple asked when do you want to pick it up? Never owned a BMW but have always admired there bikes. Maybe not their riders but do like their bikes. To me most BMW riders seem to be snobs. Kind of guessing that there might be one rider who is not a snob. Well battery is charged and ready to head out and fight the rocket again.

I have 2. A 2000 R1100RTP with 60k miles I bought rode hard and put up wet. I also have an K1300s that I got at a sheriff auction. Both are cool units that have the typical German we do things different stuff. Both seem to require all fairings to be pulled off for even minor work.

Considering I gave $1300 for the R1100 and $4900 for the K1300s, I consider myself a rncarb rather than a rub

rncarb - red neck cheap ass rural biker

Really liked your comment. Liked it a lot. We share a common ground. But like stated on another post dealing with problems on the electrical side which is just over the top on the Rocket. From one problem to the next. First no headlights got that fixed. Now no fuel pump. Really? WTF

Well. Have followed up on the 2020 venture and guess what? They still have issues. At 123 pounds of torque and 87 horse finding it hard to believe that the valves and springs could be a issue. Am now look at a BMW 1600 GTL. Add a few toys and the price jumps to $32,000 dollars. 60 month 0% financing. At 160 horse and 129 torque sounds good to me. BMW approved me over the phone and simple asked when do you want to pick it up? Never owned a BMW but have always admired there bikes. Maybe not their riders but do like their bikes. To me most BMW riders seem to be snobs. Kind of guessing that there might be one rider who is not a snob. Well battery is charged and ready to head out and fight the rocket again.
Check reliability ratings, BMW are not exactly trouble free but I don’t know what is.

Check reliability ratings, BMW are not exactly trouble free but I don’t know what is.

I tried to tell Sonny, buy a small truck for to and from work duty. Safer, cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, dry in the rain and you can carry stuff in the back and a passenger in comfort. I rode a Sportster and then a Valkyrie to work for years because I could get on the high occupancy lane and avoid the afternoon and morning jams. Now I have to rest for a week to recover from a weekend ride :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Really folks. Is that the best you can offer? Started out as a headlight problem and now that is fixed. Now no fuel pump. No juice leading up by the four pin connection. How a fuel pump connection can go bad while trouble shooting a headlight problem is beyond me. On most bikes the electrical systems for the fuel and headlights are separate. May not be the case of the Rocket. Really at a lost. Just laughing at it all now. Might be a big surprise but some folks like to ride not trailer or drive. Kind of figuring the Harley might not be a bad idea on rebuilding. Reliability and providing a ride suited for everyday use? Still looking. The BMW may not be perfect. But it has a track record for being one of the best. From what i have read and seen most folks on BMW's and old Victor's ride to events. Trailers are brought for those who have not been lucky. Not brought because of lack of reliability of bike. Have watched a tread here after two rides. Most folks trailer. avoid riding in the rain. Avoid high mileage. My first thought like the Harley riders was resale valve. After looking into the resale valve of a rocket have come to the conclusion that ain't it. Happy not. Bikes wiring is a ****ing joke. Who cares if it is the most powerful bike out there. You ride it and leaves you stranded who cares.

I consider BMW the best brand I've owned. The K1600 is great, but more than I need for just me. Motors run 200,000-300,000 miles sometimes. Good luck whatever you do.

66+K on my 2012 R3R with no issues that I did not do to myself!
Heading out on a few days run and anxious to get past 66,666 miles. :eek: :whitstling: :roll:
Tis why I bought a second low miles R3R to hop up some.

I’d still buy the Yami. You’re going to read about some issues on every vehicle made if you keep digging. I bet the Yami issue is prolly a rare one

Back