Electrical issues have plagued my R3T from Day 1. I documented my lamentations here.

Sure, Triumph eventually came through...but that’s not a consolation when you’re on the side of the road in BFE. Very frustrating so I completely understand the OP’s feelings.

But a Yami ain’t no Rocket, baby...

You were in Egypt?

I’d like to see you try that with my wife. I’d straight up tell after having the big polish sausage a little Cajun wouldn’t even be noticed.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry to bring back the poor taste humor but couldn’t resist hammering my buddy Steele.;) Hey Steele have you ever been hammered by a polish sausage?:D:D:D
No, but I've chopped some up to cook with red beans. :p

41,000 miles. Daily driver. One owner. Rain or shine. Lucky? Maybe. But I listen to the motorcycle. Change the oil when it sounds thin or looks dirty, regardless of the miles. I only red lined her once when the throttles stuck wide open on the freeway
because I screwed up installing RAM air.
I had no issues with the bike until I hit around 50,000 miles. After going through every connection on the bike and replacing some of the connections with marine quality connections do not believe the electrical problems will arise again. Mechanical wise have not had a issue. I change my oil every 5,000 miles. Believe due to the amount of rain we have had this year in Oklahoma is the reason for the problems. Have rode through some down pours. Very carefully ran some silicon around the switches on the handle bars. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sonny, why is the Rocket x not reliable? Is it all model x? Or you just got a lemon?
Why didn’t you just go buy the new Rocket?
I have had the bike since Oct 2015. The only issue mechanical was the clutch after upgrades slipped. ( Ramair, Viking three into one and Nev's street cams) Replaced clutch with a Barnett package. Electrical issues have become a headache but believe we have that covered now. ;);););)

I had no issues with the bike until I hit around 50,000 miles. After going through every connection on the bike and replacing some of the connections with marine quality connections do not believe the electrical problems will arise again. Mechanical wise have not had a issue. I change my oil every 5,000 miles. Believe due to the amount of rain we have had this year in Oklahoma is the reason for the problems. Have rode through some down pours. Very carefully ran some silicon around the switches on the handle bars. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@sonny

Sounds like, my friend, you have just given a very good argument for keeping it. I've put over 27,000 miles on my '11 Roadster in just under two years with no significant issues. What's not to love?

Last edited:
Back