Kind of figured at 75,000 miles will go through all the connections and clean and re-grease. Avoid this issue next time. Basically it ended up being a lot of little problems that added up to failure. Ride daily no matter what. Bikes today are not made for that. There made to ride hard surely but not under the conditions i ride. Not bragging either. I just really enjoy motorcycles. Car is just a back up when you can not get out of the driveway. At times through even given dry weather the temps here during the winter can get cold. Down into the teens. That is why am looking at the Venture. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

It took me awhile to get used to riding the gtl, yea a lot of BMW riders are snobs, but a lot are just motorcycle riders that would rather ride than wrench and wont be caught dead on a goldwing. Personally, even tho I never met you I think it would take less than 3 days for you to pour a can of gasoline over the yami and put a match to it. You're gonna convince yourself you can commute to work on a machine that can't overtake a semi in light traffic? You can ride a harley and not dress up like a member of the village people. I can ride a bmw and not dress like its 1920. you can too, but for a high mileage commuter a used kawasaki zx-14 with side bags could be fun. SDR GT, multistrada, s1000xr, saddlebags on a busa. buy used buy them all.

Took a 2018 venture out for a test ride. Bottom end torque was impressive. Top end not so much. Was a smooth well handling bike and very comfortable. Looks sharp and very well designed. Yamaha did a good job on the passenger area. Yes it is mild compared to the Rocket. You have your full dress goldwing riders and your Harley riders even your BMW riders. Nice bikes but prefer something different from the norm. Been looking for a long time. Got nothing against the other makes good bikes but not my cup of tea. Kind of like the Bastar% child of the touring world.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Venture has more luggage space plus a larger engine. To many issues with the New Goldwings front suspension.

WOW, Amigo,
Yammy 1854cc v. GW 1833cc! :roll:
Yammy Air cooled V-Twin v. GW water cooled Six cylinder!
I've not ridden a Venture, but I'd bet mucho denaro its handling is not close to on-par with the Goldwing.
Go test ride one. Me reckons your physique will fit a GW just fine.

Steve had a buddy that really impressed me on a Wing at the RAA Spearfish, most sport bike riders would be hard pressed to keep up with him.

Steve had a buddy that really impressed me on a Wing at the RAA Spearfish, most sport bike riders would be hard pressed to keep up with him.

That was Gib, who is a Seattle Fireman, riding his Banana Motobago.

Back