Alright Vintage Triumph Lovers....... Here's Your Chance

That's quite a stash, it will go for substantially more than the opening bid, I would think.

It makes you wonder how much stuff is out there. I have a line on a '70 Enfield Interceptor, two Indian Chiefs (All three of these I have seen) and a solid lead on an Indian 4 (which I haven't seen ) and I can't seem to rattle anyone's cage. The problem is that these bikes are starting to raise above any kind of playing field that I can get on and only the big dollar speculators are getting results. All along, its been the common enthusiast that held the market up on this stuff when no one else wanted any of it and now its being pushed up out of reach by people who have little or no interest in the hobby other than to turn stuff for a big wad of cash.

It will be interesting to see how much this brings....:soapbox:

Wait till all of the boomers retire. I think the vintage bike and classic car markets will be in for a rude awakening. All of my money is tired into my house and living expenses quite honestly. It is all about supply and demand :soapbox:

Whoa! Maybe I need to rethink chopping my 1968 TR6!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I had told ya! ;)

It must be the season. The last symptom of cabin fever. Whatever... I have just been offered a mint RE Interceptor 750cc. Matching numbers. Fresh chrome, paint and engine parts. Looks absolutely authentic. Bike known to RE devotees. Dyno-tested, with written evidence uon request. There's even a recent speeding ticket @ the "ton" (100 mph) :D

The problem: USD 19'800.- :mad: Which I just can't afford. And even if i could, I am not sure I would ever get enough of a bang for my buck. Jamie

Tomo

Ditto Tomo,my entire life has revolved around old cars.But I can see It won't around my grandsons. Watched the Barett Jackson auctions lately? It's just stupid.These rich bas#####* drag them home for a year,bring them back and see how much profit they can make on the next dumb as*.Wonder if they know a lot of them are patched up rust buckets.Well sooner or later they are gona have to eat the tires on them,when there's no gas to run them around the block on..I don't get out enough..Riden Today.. I love me ya ya ya Jack and coke

Getting personal

my entire life has revolved around old cars...Wonder if they know a lot of them are patched up rust buckets....Well sooner or later they are gona have to eat the tires on them,when there's no gas to run them around the block on...

You've been ridin' (and readin') a bit roughshod over things, as of late, Jack, haven't you ?

2 cents woth: Only go for things that are gonna satisfy your soul, as opposed to those that might instill fatalism or, worse yet, bitterness in it. Rock on! Jamie:cool:

Wait till all of the boomers retire. I think the vintage bike and classic car markets will be in for a rude awakening. All of my money is tired into my house and living expenses quite honestly. It is all about supply and demand :soapbox:

Yup, we ain't seen nothing' yet. It seems the real money is in fully restored classics or excellent unrestored originals. Even though prices are higher for restorable antiques and classics, knowing what brings top dollar is the way to go. Some of TV's noted restorers are only profiting 20 to 30 thou on a restored muscle car. An example was a 1972 Road Runner (yuck) that brought at auction a 20,000 profit. I thought it would bring 50 ish but I guess it wasn't unique enough. Still, restoring several cars a year could be quite lucrative, when chosen carefully.

I have a great trip for everyone, especially Tomo. Lets all go to the Kruse Auto Auction in Fort Wayne, Indania.

You need to bring a letter of credit or plenty of cash or a really high limit Visa or Mastercard. Vintage bikes and cars both domestic and european go for big bucks and I mean BIG. They have camping on the grounds and plenty of good motels and hotels nearby. Best of all, it's only 130 miles from the house.

I know a fellow that lives near the auction that bought a Lambrogini for 140 and sold it 6 months later for 170 to the owner of the Colts. Raymond, could be better than real estate.:D

I might add that upon checking the Flea Bay listing, I don't see what I myself consider to be the most collectable of vintage British Iron, the '67-'68 Royal Enfield 750 Interceptor or the '67 Norton 750 P11A High Pipe Scrambler. I have a riding pal that has a '67 Interceptor that I've been trying, in vain to pry from his sweaty little paws. The Norton, well, I'd take it over the Enfield if, I could find one. I had a line on one last year in Atlanta but the numbers didn't match.

Last edited:
Back