Alright Vintage Triumph Lovers....... Here's Your Chance

Not enough room to ride, I'd go island crazy on the Rocket.

Yo, Ray....The thread went from Vintage Triumph to vintage old farts.

The big island has a 8 lane freeway to nowhere......if every car, truck and motorcycle that was registered on the big island all got on the road at once, it would be gridlock....and....on Maui there are roads going everywhere. Nice 2 laners and being a truck driver on Maui (and yes there are trucks) is great. No scales, no DOT and good pay. I was offered a job with Shell Oil driving a tanker on Maui and the starting pay was 65K per year with full benefits. Same on the big island.

There is a big Hardley dealer on Maui. You can rent a Hardley and ride the island.

Yo, Jack.....You can't grow crops on any of the islands other than maybe a vegetable garden. All the land is owned, mostly by the Dole family. If you purchase a home there (you better have BIG bucks), you lease the land the home is on.

Interestingly, the pineapple groves are all drip irrigated using the water contained in the volcano tops. The groves aren't cultivated or harvested with normal farm tractors, instead, the growers use Caterpillar crawlers (bulldozers without blades) to pull the implements. Finally, horses there love to munch on the leaves of the pineapple plants. It's like grass for them. Of course nothing is domestic there. Everything is brought by ocean going vessel at a price, of course.

Now.... back to our regularly scheduled program....:D

I had put this in my EBay watch list and with about 5 hours to go not a soul has bid on this.

That just shows you how much I know.. I guess the buyers for this sort of thing have gone soft in their old age, or maybe its due to tax time. Wow :confused::confused:

Back