Alarm/immobiliser

Michael

.020 Over
Have any of you installed the Triumph alarm the company offers, p/n A9808061? I can find very little information beyond the specs listed at the end of the accessory catalog and will call Triumph America to get more infor. But, I was wondering if any owners had actually installed the system, or if it is better left to a dealer for reasons of computer compatability or something like that.

Michael said:
Have any of you installed the Triumph alarm the company offers, p/n A9808061? I can find very little information beyond the specs listed at the end of the accessory catalog and will call Triumph America to get more infor. But, I was wondering if any owners had actually installed the system, or if it is better left to a dealer for reasons of computer compatability or something like that.

I've heard it's not bad to install if you are a decent shade tree mechanic. Read this thread from the Trat site so you are aware of what to expect with the Triumph alarm system. Note this thread is older so things could be different now. I'm thinking not many use an alarm!? :confused:

Alarmed reply

Thanks for the response and link. Guess I'll call Triumph America and see if the current unit has been improved or changed and ask them regarding the installation effort. Thanks again.

I installed a Gorilla alarm, took a half an hour. Less than a hundred bucks. It doesn't have an ignition cutout, but will go off if someone opens a beetle bag or tries to remove the GPS. Shock sensor, current sensor, and tilt sensor are included. Fits just right under the left side cover and has a wireless remote. So far the only one to set it off has been me, numerous times.:eek:

datatool

I have a datatool thing. Functions great, insurance company likes it. http://www.datatool.co.uk/
However, one of the nasty things is that when you shut the engine of it will automatically arm itself after 10 sec... Nasty while waiting for a bridge...
It as a service and a normal mode. In the service mode you can do all sort of things with the bike except start it, in the normal mode it will start yelling when the bike is being moved or anything else happens (don't try to disconnect the batteries...)

In the beginning this thing really bothered me, due to loose connection at battery. It always thought someone was sabotaging the bike... :soapbox:

Don't say I'm pleased with this stuff, but it helps to keep the nasty guys longer away. So, yes, íts worth it...

Back