Airhawk seat cushion

vanguard138

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
I noticed someone at Montrose had an Airhawk seat cushion on there Rocket. I would appreciate any feedback. I have the Triumph Long Haul seat and am considering an Airhawk to help with long rides.

Thanks,

Rick

I bought airhawk 2's for my gf and I for the Lowrider with the stock seat. Only did about 100 miles on them tho. The gf loved hers, while I was constantly messing with the air pressure to get it just right for me, it was better than the crappy stock seat for sure.

While I was waiting for the AH2's I found a never mounted mustang vintage wide touring seat for $200 less than a new one. Since putting that on and going thru the break in on it (it's pretty firm) I've yet to run the ah2's and the gf hasn't ridden with me yet to say if she still wants to use it or not.

On my previous bike I used one, and it definitely extended the time to pain considerably. Just don't overfill it, it needs to barely have any air - just enough to help distribute the pressure away from the tailbone and evenly across the butt. I haven't bothered using it much on my R3T, for me the seat works passably as is, but the concept and the utility of them is solid, ie it's not snakeoil. They definitely work.

I've been considering the Airhawk R, that's new since I bought mine - it has gaps underneath the scrotum and would reduce pressure in that area, which I think would be helpful for me.

I used an air hawk and I am thankful I did. It works great but after about 500 miles I have to do some shifting around. I don't know if I could have ride to Montrose without it. Well worth the money IMHO

I tried a friend's for a week and liked it a lot. But for a fraction of the cost I now sit on a "Bead Rider". The AirHwak was comfy to say the least. I like it firm as being half full felt I was going to slide off of it in the twisties. The bead rider now has around 2K miles on it and it great for drying out the bum even after riding through a torrential rain. I have sit on it for 6-8 hours in a day several times now and am ready to Iron butt to Denver before Sturgis.

While washing my bike at the bike wash station at the hotel a State Trooper pulled up on his Concourse for his daily free breakfast at the Inn

I asked him about the Airhawk on his bike, he said it was the Airhawk 2 and that he got it off Ebay for $89.00, said he loves it, starts out with more air in the morning and by afternoon he adjusts it down a bit.

I then of course asked him if he would like a complimentary bike wash to go along with his complimentary breakfast, which he politely declined... ;)

Just like you Jim to push the envelope. Missed seeing you at Montfort. Missed seeing Adriana a lot more. You came and went without me knowing.

I used an air hawk2 on my last two bikes and found it to be an excellent comfort aid ,but since buying the R3T I haven't found the need for it ,I found the best ride is to only inflate the unit just enough to have about 25mm (1inch) clearance between the existing seat and your butt, I will be taking it to RDU Melbourne just in case I get the numb butt syndrome on the long ride.

Back