Waynebeaton

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 111 touring
I am interested in trying the K&N air filters I am running with the Ramair system now. What is a suitable model number for the K&N’s ? I have a 2015 touring

For a stock bike, the smaller, 2780s fit under the bearclaw if you angle them just right. ( Can someone verify that I remember the number right). My engine is highly modified, I run 1770s and eliminated the bearclaw. I think there is an intermediate size that requires notching out the bearclaw, maybe 1440s, or something like that.

IMG_20201215_115447.jpg

For a stock bike, the smaller, 2780s fit under the bearclaw if you angle them just right. ( Can someone verify that I remember the number right). My engine is highly modified, I run 1770s and eliminated the bearclaw. I think there is an intermediate size that requires notching out the bearclaw, maybe 1440s, or something like that.

IMG_20201215_115447.jpg
Thanks for the tip I like the look you got going we the air filters. I was thinking about the mid size ones and trimming the bearclaw. I am in eastern Ontario and ride in the rain lots. Do the covers you have on the K&N’s offer much in moisture control? I have a stock motor with headers and a 3into1 exhaust system from Viking exhaust. Also running a power commander V. Will the larger ones work with my set up? That would keep my bearclaw intact, in case I ever wanted to change back.

Sure, it's overkill but will work fine if you like the look. The problem with the Touring is the way the tank drops down in the back, so anything bigger than the 2780 needs to have an angled flange, like the 1770. No problems riding in downpours, rain has never been an issue

IMG_20201215_115447.jpg
What do you do with the sensor that is usually in the airbox which ramair has in the back of pod? Ive been thinking about going this route with the single filters... looks good 👌

Sure, it's overkill but will work fine if you like the look. The problem with the Touring is the way the tank drops down in the back, so anything bigger than the 2780 needs to have an angled flange, like the 1770. No problems riding in downpours, rain has never been an issue
The 1770s do breath good, i made good power with them and agree rain doesnt neatively affect them. For me i need to hug with that leg sometimes put the ait in clean air

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 29
Yes, I forgot to mention because I've been used to it for years, 1770s hold your left leg out an inch or inch and a half, my muscle memory got used to it after the first day

What do you do with the sensor that is usually in the airbox which ramair has in the back of pod? Ive been thinking about going this route with the single filters... looks good 👌
Good question I didn’t even think about that hopefully we get an answer, or possibly I will need to order one of the dealership.

There's a little k&n filter that it fits into, then just zip tie it in a convenient spot. Also one for the crankcase vent. It's been a while, but Darryl, a member here, has everything you need. From memory, his email is sales@ flipmeister.com. Not sure if he comes on any more. @flipmeister nope, doesn't show as a member any more

Back