Triple Filters for a Carpenter Touring

Rockt3

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket & 08 Rocket Touring
Hey Y'all
I recently had Carpenter do a 210 HP kit and undercut the dog gears in my transmission along with one of their exhausts . Problem I have now is , when I flew up and picked the bike up to ride it home the filters were on back order . Rode it home with out any . They sent me the filters as promised when they got them (model # RX 4040) . There is no way these would ever come close to fitting under the tank . The RU-2780 that I have on my 05 Rocket fit but don't have enough air flow. Right now I have fitted some RU-1770's with the 20 degree base . They work but hit my Knee . I'm open to any and all suggestions as what to use as a high flow intake alterative .
Thanks ,
Carl

My suggestion is Ramair. It flows plenty for your level of power, fits cleanly under the claw, and is a great kit for the money.

I have the RX4040-1 on my bike, and while they flow like crazy, are a bit much size wise.

And no filter is not a smart option. I just met a fellow Carpenter rider last night and his bike was delivered sans filters. I couldn’t change his mind on what a dumb idea that is......

I use 1770s on my Touring, after first hour muscle memory learns to hold knee out an inch, never noticed it again, really. I think someone found another k n n slightly smaller with the 20 degree angle, forget the number.

Back