What do you do about this snorkel port to prevent moisture from coming in off the engine or dripping off of the tank during a rainstorm? I’ve converted my airbox to storage as well, but I haven’t figured out what to do about the snorkel port after removing the plenum and duct.
I haven't thought that far ahead. Figured I would look into that when I get the ram air installed and get the amp ordered.

I guess, if you were going to use the air box for dry storage (or keep your lunch warm) you could fab up a piece of metal, plastic a hinge and some gasket material, and wala, you have it. It does have 4 nice mounting holes and bolts.

I believe you are talking about the port where the air filter is accessed through. I was talking about the port under the gas tank where the duct to the plenum connects to. i like the heat-shrink wrap idea. That is some sturdy material, but not permanent if I wanted to go back to stock.

Yeah, just noticed you said snorkel. I left the snorkel part under the seat intact it mates up to the airbox top. I just took it off the other day so i'll see what happens next time I'm out in a heavy rain.

I've got saddlebags and a small tailbag on the luggage rack so I don't use the airbox for much more than holding the relocated overflow bottle so it's not a huge deal for me if water gets in there. But, when the cover was still in place under the seat I never had any moisture in there.

Back